A Brief Outline
You will be encouraged by the potential of mentoring.
You will discuss the best ways to run a mentor session.
You will practice vital skills, such as active listening, setting objectives and asking the right questions.
What we will cover to achieve this:
How mentoring is different to coaching or being a buddy or a manager?
- Why mentoring is good for our business and our people?
- Who is going to want this mentoring?
- Practicing being a mentor using a case study and a mentoring ‘model’.
- Asking the right questions.
- Helping your mentee set realistic objectives.
- Active listening – benefits, challenges, principles and lots of case study practice!
- Techniques to improve your concentration.
- Summarising – how to conduct a mentor session and what happens next.
- What learning are you going to teach your team? (private pledge)?
- What one thing from today will I make sure to use from now on (buddy pledge)?
- Three techniques you will adopt (private plan sent a month later)?
Attendees: anyone with more than five years experience, from any discipline, who would like to mentor effectively. No more than two attendees from any one agency please, first come first served.
Edinburgh: Tuesday 25th September at The Union, 18 Inverleith Terrace, Edinburgh EH3 5NS
CPD 2.5 hours (9:30am-12pm)
Please book via this page. Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manchester: Wednesday 26th September. More details via this webpage. Email any questions to email@example.com
Gwyn March has worked in and with agencies for over 30 years. She is lucky enough to be an Honorary Fellow of the IPA and chair the IPA Training Forum. She is the main author of the IPA’s online modules on evaluating training, running effective appraisals, how to plan a training programme and getting the best welcomes. To her delight Gwyn mans the Foundation Certificate helpdesk, worldwide. She has won various awards for the efficacy of her training. She is an assessor for CPD Gold and tutors the Best Practice and Gold CPD workshops. She has been involved with training mentors for the IPA one2one scheme for five years, and advises many agencies on their internal programmes. She also tutors the industry Time Management and Leadership courses