Rolex was one of Mindshare's first clients and our relationship has existed since the agency was founded back in 1997. Our partnership is one of the longest standing associations we have ever had with a client dating back to 1946.
Differing to many other brands, Rolex has always had a very significant international budget and Mindshare has always been actively running campaigns around their multiple universes.
Rolex Team Structure:
The Global client manages centrally from Geneva, Switzerland and to appropriately service the business, we’ve based the Mindshare WW team in London, UK.
Our network extends beyond the Mindshare family to service a total of 36 markets across the globe.
Our relationship with Rolex divides into two groups: Direct Markets (Agencies who report directly to Rolex Geneva) and Affiliate Markets (Agencies who report to Rolex Markets).
The Luxury team works with high profile clients within the WPP portfolio. The International Rolex/Tudor assignment is for Paid Media with a need to advise across Paid-Owned-Earned. The Central team also provides strategic development, guidance and coordination for our 36 Markets.
The Account Executive role available is on the global Rolex account within Client Leadership in the Worldwide Team.
Mindshare is Rolex’s global media agency providing media planning and buying for international campaigns.
As the global team based in London, we also support the local Mindshare teams in Rolex’s markets.
The AE will be working as part of the client leadership team to support the market network to deliver best in class work for Rolex and Tudor, to deliver local market management, local market alignment, & global competitive reporting. Supporting local teams with understanding of guidelines and training to ensure local consistency and accuracy.
Our responsibilities range from the reporting on campaigns and spend to creating new and better work processes and to high level global strategies for new product / campaign launches.
We work to align processes and thinking, share best practice across markets and provide global guidelines documents to help our market teams make informed decisions on a local level.
The role of the Account Executive is to support the team in delivering excellence in media for Rolex in each of their markets and in the global team.
The team is led by the Partner, who is supported by 2 Business Directors. The Account Executive (Markets) will report to the Account Director (Markets) and into the Account Managers for the day-to-day operations, however we work in an open and collaborative environment so there is the opportunity to be involved in most aspects of the business.
Market Coordination – form strong relationships with markets, to support Ad-hoc requests as they arise; this may include gathering campaign launch overviews, collection of market level reporting, distribution of global strategies, or sourcing brand health data
• Competitive – lead competitive requests, lead quarterly and annual global data and analysis deliverables
• Campaign Activation – Support markets to follow global strategic alignment with guidelines and provide training where required
• Media channel and Publisher analysis and evaluation
• Growing knowledge of the landscape and offerings to proactively identify opportunities
• Accountable for producing the key campaign reports, delivering results, key learnings and recommendations with speed and accuracy
• Team Support – assists the entire Rolex team with client requests and meeting preparations
• Deliver all work in a timely fashion and to a standard that exceeds client expectations by always striving for 100% accuracy
• Using both Mindshare proprietary tools and wider industry tools (e.g. Nielsen, Kantar, TGI, etc.) to deliver solutions to client requests
Building relationships with the local Mindshare teams and maintaining these relationships on a day to day basis and striving for 100% accuracy in reporting and ensuring that all reporting tools and systems are up to date.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
• Relevant experience in Media
• Knowledge of key media principles and reporting tactics
• Articulate with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Numerate with an aptitude and liking for numbers and data
• Accuracy with great attention to detail
• A team player who is comfortable with dealing with senior clients and colleagues around the world with various cultures
• Organised and able to work well under pressure with the ability to manage and execute on multiple tasks / across time zones
• Possesses the capacity to work independently
• Excellent organisation and time-management
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proactive and an eagerness to learn, develop and grow as part of an ambitious team
• Foreign language is a bonus
Concerning the Candidate:
The ideal candidate will be a graduate, preferably, with a degree in Media/Marketing/Business related studies and should be highly numerate. Experience of the industry is highly desirable, ideally within a Media Agency environment – not necessarily in a Global role.
• A passionate media starter – common sense and the ability to think on one’s feet are more important than out-and-out academic ability
• Someone who is confident and has the determination to get stuck-in
• A sociable individual who recognizes the opportunity that this role presents and is driven by a long-term desire to grow and to make a contribution to the client, agency and industry
• Relationship builder – it will be key for this person to develop a close working relationship with the core account team, clients, media owners and partners
• Works well within a busy team, keeps calm under pressure, is diligent and takes pride in the precision of their work
• A genuine passion for watches and/or luxury is necessary to be considered for this role
• A strong knowledge of the Rolex brand
o What it stands for
o What initiatives Rolex are involved in
o What Rolex supports
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Download additional details