This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Client Team at Manning Gottlieb OMD.
We are looking for a bright, passionate and highly organised individual who is a keen team player.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to pick up and learn about the every growing digital channels & how brands can use them. Whilst understanding & adapting them to the clients industry.
The Client Team Department is the main client facing team within the agency, and includes approximately 140 people. The Client Team department merged traditional Comms Planners and Digital Planners in March 2014, and brought these people together to deliver a central recommendation – and while we retain digital specialist planners with the department for that expertise and specific digital client contact when needed, we should no longer think or plan in an online and offline way!
We are the first point of contact for clients. Our remit with clients is to hold great relationships; to deliver and ensure the delivery of great work from the agency; to know their brand, business, sector, performance and KPIs.
We are also one of the key gateways into the agency for media owners. Our remit here is to know the key, important and relevant media owners; understand the media landscape; to create good working relationships - in order to produce great and effective work together.
Internally, we work with pretty much every department within the agency, from the overall running of the account (including client requests, information, market and competitive updates, finance, income, understand targets, KPIs, audits and PRFs); to taking and defining a brief; to working with insight and strategy on the big insight and killer thought that should guide our planning; to evidencing our approach through Evidence, Data Science, Brand Science, to planning how we bring this strategy to life and deliver it through comms; to briefing and working with the specialists and SBUs; to pulling core recommendations together; presenting to clients; working harmoniously with other agency partners; ensuring strong and accurate delivery of media plans; and learning from all results and activity.
The Client Assistant will be required to:
• Add to and support the Client Team
• Display strong admin support skills including help with plans and status reports, booking meetings, understanding the financial process and sourcing market intelligence for wider team
• Assist in ensuring that admin and finance processes are completed correctly and on-time
• Show a good understanding of data as well as be able to interpret client reports and provide a basic commentary and analysis
• Learn and use industry programmes/tools including Digital specific tools
• Monitor campaign delivery and competitor activity on a daily/weekly basis
• Learn and demonstrate a good understanding of industry information for each marketplace; main media owners, who owns what, audience delivery, measurement (and when results are published), formats, and be up to date with new trends and news
• Be interested, proactively seek out and read about clients sector
The successful candidate should possess the following skills:
• Clear/concise communication both verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail
• Helpful, friendly and positive attitude
• Team Player - Support your team pro-actively and positively
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Be able to construct a basic presentation with strong narrative
• Be able to listen, take personal responsibility for retaining and absorbing information (i.e. use of notebook, and know where to find information)
• Be able to present yourself and communicate professionally in all your encounters with media owners, clients and people internally
• Highly numerate
• Manage a number of tasks at the same time and have an ability to work to and deliver against set deadlines
Founded in 1990 as Manning Gottlieb Media, we were bought out by Omnicom in 1998 to become Manning Gottlieb OMD, joining Omnicom Media Group’s leading media network, OMD.
We are an award winning media agency. In 2016, we made headlines for our award success, winning amongst others, two Cannes Lions, three Festival of Media awards and a Grand Prix at both the IPA Effectiveness awards and the Thinkbox TV Planning awards. These awards also led us to be crowned the ‘most awarded agency in history’ at both the IPA Effectiveness awards and the Thinkbox TV Planning awards, a truly fantastic achievement that reflects our ongoing commitment to producing brilliantly creative and effective work for our clients.
We have a team of 370+ people who are driven by our overarching ambition to be the most progressive media agency in the UK, working across a diverse range of over 55 clients including: Nissan, Renault, Virgin Group (including. Virgin Media and Virgin Trains), Specsavers, Starbucks, Estee Lauder Companies, Sony Pictures, Mitsubishi, John Lewis and Waitrose.
We believe that in our industry it is ultimately people who make the difference. It is our people who create the ideas. It is our people who deliver the media communications solutions and who go that step further and make a difference for our clients. So true to our ethos we work hard at creating a spirit and atmosphere that inspires our people to be considerate, honest and professional whilst also being stimulating, imaginative and inspirational. We want people who are great to work with, fun to be with and totally committed.
As a result, we continue YOY to invest heavily in the development of our people, so much so that our training and development programme has been awarded the prestigious CPD Gold accreditation from the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) for the past five years, with us achieving CPD Platinum status in 2015 and 2016, an accolade awarded to only 16 other IPA member agencies.