We are looking for a Digital Marketing Executive to join our team to help increase awareness of our products and services and help showcase our activities to the industry we represent and support.
We’re looking for a self-starter with a driven, proactive and forward-thinking approach in a varied and challenging environment.
It’s a multi-faceted role that will see you producing rich, engaging, organic and paid-for content for our social channels and website as well as working with stakeholders on email campaigns and blog posts.
About the role:
• In collaboration with the wider team, devise, co-ordinate and schedule social media content which is tailored to the IPA’s target audiences and individual social channels.
• Manage paid and organic social campaigns, promotions, and marketing posts
• Monitor social engagement and look for ways to tap into conversations, gain insight from feedback and cross-promote other IPA activities.
• Use social media management tool (Hootsuite) to plan and optimise social pages
• Attend IPA and industry events to produce content across IPA owned Social channels.
• Advise on Search and Display ads best practice, implementation, reporting, analysis and optimisation
• Keep abreast of developments in Social media and monitor trends in tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
• Manage end-to-end email campaigns via Dotmailer, including planning, coordinating, segmenting, targeting, set-up, testing, broadcasting, reporting and optimisation.
• Manage data to ensure appropriate transfer processes, data hygiene, opt-out compliance and de-duping techniques
• Champion continuous advancement of our email capabilities including targeting, personalisation & template development
• Ensure lists and segments are monitored and updated
• Ensure all email communication is aligned to brand guidelines in terms of both creative and tone of voice
• Manage diary of emails being deployed
• Managing and delivering organic and paid-for social media and digital campaigns on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Youtube
• Experience and knowledge of broadcast email tool (currently DotMailer,) including list management and familiarity with segmentation.
• An understanding of how to optimise content for search and social.
• Knowledge of social media management tools e.g. Hootsuite. Crowdbabble and Audiense
• Ability to design digital creative collateral such as twitter cards and email banners
• Proficient in design software such as Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign
• Editing and proofreading content for a variety of digital channels
• Understanding of Content Management Systems.
• Proficiency in Google Analytics
• Understanding of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
You’ll have a minimum two years’ experience planning and delivering content across a range of channels based on strategy, calendar and insight.
You must be able to communicate effectively with a large number of stakeholders, be proactive in sourcing content both internally and externally and have excellent writing skills and attention to detail. You’ll be rigorous about reporting, confident acting as the internal advocate for Social and Email and happy to work autonomously whilst also being an integral part of the busy Communications team supporting on wider outputs.
The role is ideally suited to someone with a strong working knowledge of the social and digital arena.
The IPA is widely recognised as the world’s most influential professional body for practitioners in advertising and marketing communications. It has a well-earned reputation for thought leadership, best practice and continuous professional development, as well as for providing core support and advisory services for its members.
Download additional details