Experienced Senior Media Planner/Buyer with a good eye for detail? This is the role for you.
Hunterlodge Advertising is looking for an experienced Senior Media Planner/buyer to slot straight into the media department and compliment our vision. Working within the busy media team, the Senior Media Planner will be responsible for ensuring campaigns are planned, delivered and reported on to a high standard, across a range of B2B and B2C clients, manage the digital ops team, manage department bookings and financial targets.
The ideal candidate should be highly organised, with excellent attention to detail. They should also have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across different disciplines and communicate with different levels of seniority both internally and externally. They must be comfortable at presenting their work and confident in a pitch situation. But above all, they need to have a passion and enthusiasm for media and advertising effectiveness.
You will work with:
Internal: Account Management team; Creative team and Director, Head of Media and the Media team
External: client marketing teams; other agencies in client rosters – i.e. media, public relations, research organisations, members of the public in focus groups
Reporting to the Head of Media
• Have experience in media strategy development
• Have an excellent cross-media planning background.
• Be conversant with key planning and insight tools such as Touchpoints, AdDynamix and other industry standard planning tools.
• Be able to write solid rationales to back up recommendations.
"• Be a relationship builder - at ease with colleagues, clients, and media owners."
"• Have strong negotiation skills."
"• Experience of drawing campaign performance insight from client side analytics packages such as Google Analytics."
"• Comfortable working with client data to drive insights and recommendations."
"• Have an excellent digital background with demonstrable experience in ad operations, campaign optimisation and reporting, including."
o Experience of setting up and optimising Google and Bing search marketing campaigns (including creation and/or finessing of key word sets and text ads).
o Experience in planning, setting up and optimising Display campaigns (Generic, Remarketing, Native & Programmatic).
o Experience in planning, setting up and optimising paid social campaigns (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn).
• Be a relationship builder - at ease with colleagues, clients, and media owners.
• Excellent written and verbal English.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills including working with budgets and numbers.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and Word.
Desirable but not essential:
• Be proficient in DoubleClick Bid Manager and Campaign Manager.
• Customer Journey/UX auditing experience.
• Knowledge of SEO best practice.
Established in 1987, Hunterlodge Advertising specialises in creating the perfect blend of strategy, media, digital and creative through starting at the end – with results. We breed success junkies who enjoy the thrill of advertising, have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and thrive on a culture that refuses to lose!
• Attractive salary and package subject to ability
• Hunterlodge has a strong focus on Continual Professional Development. We have an established relationship with the IPA and Account Managers will be given the opportunity to take the Legal Regulations qualification, the Commercial Certificate and the Foundation Certificate, all fully funded by Hunterlodge. In addition there is a comprehensive internal training programme with Energisers each week covering a variety of relevant topics.
• Free gym membership.
• A half day bonus holiday is awarded to anyone who is not sick over a 2 month period (i.e. this can add 3 days a year to holiday entitlement).
• We celebrate Thirsty Thursdays – on Thursday each week at 4.30pm drinks and nibbles are available
• Regular company social events