The SEO Steering Director will have ownership of and lead global SEO strategy and education for a specialist site division of a top automotive client at PHD Global Business.
You will have one direct report – an SEO Manager, which is a new role that is being added as the client’s awareness and belief in the value of SEO continues to grow.
Preference will be given to candidates with fluency in more than one language (English required, German highly desirable). Candidates requiring relocation will be considered; German home base also will be considered.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Global to Local SEO Management
• Be the main global point of contact for client contacts on all things SEO for this specific business unit.
• Cascade global material to local offices in your defined region, including global strategies, SEO best practices, and other educational material.
• Brief the phd local teams on the SEO planning process and deliverables over the course of the year and control outputs.
• Help local teams uncover and understand client objectives, challenges, and needs in order to actively provide Search solutions for the client across SEO
o Example of SEO solutions include: SEO best practice documents and point of views’s on the latest industry developments, benchmarking tools or Optimization Roadmaps
• Work with the team to regularly audit local offices’ implementation of recommendations and use of technology.
• Lead client workshops to help local teams understand SEO best practice and implementation.
• Attend monthly local client calls to review reporting and next steps to further advance SEO campaigns and performance.
Global SEO Client Management
• Provide updates on local teams’ status to global SEO team in the London headquarters and to the client’s global team in Germany, including the proactive identification of any potential issues impacting search marketing effectiveness
• Regular (monthly or more) travel to the global client’s offices in northern Germany
• Digital Leadership to the local Resolution offices and the client with status updates on SEO deliverables on a regular basis, including management of Global deadlines and Reporting
Process Development and Evolution
• Maintain and evolve a SEO Best Practice Strategy across various brands and markets
• Perform regular SEO technical and on-page site audits and cascade down to local markets
• Work closely with the global search team in defining protocols and Ways of Working with external agencies, internal departments at the client, and within the global and local search teams at Resolution
• Drive the innovation agenda, ensuring that the client is at the forefront of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Contribute to company culture
• Foster a culture which enables sharing, innovation and pro-activeness
• Support channel training to both Resolution Media teams and wider agency stakeholders
• Attend bi-weekly Resolution directors’ meetings to both share and learn from peers
• 5+ years experience in SEO at either a digital agency or client-side; other digital channels desirable
• SEO platform management experience – ideally Searchmetrics
• Team management experience
• Be a proactive self-starter
• Attention to detail is a must
• Have an adaptive style in being able to communicate often technical ideas in simple terms
• Have strong organizational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at once
• Experience directly managing and executing on search projects
• Ability to manage challenges of various clients and market interests in a culturally sensitive manner
• Willingness to travel, frequently to Germany but also internationally to local client offices based around the world as needed
• Previous automotive experience desirable but not required
• Language skills
o Required: English
o Highly desirable: German
o Desirable: Other western European languages
PHD Global is an Omnicom Media Group company focused on digital biddable media. We collaborate closely with our sister agencies like OMD and PHD to deliver seamless digital marketing solutions to some of the world’s leading brands including Unilever, GSK, Pepsi, Disney, McDonalds, Cisco, HP, Levis, and Easyjet, among many others.
We help our clients use data from search engine marketing (SEM) and organic search as well as other digital platforms (paid social, programmatic, etc.) to turn critical audience insights into action and move our clients’ businesses forward. Our Digital Marketing services include Paid Search, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Display/Behavioral Targeting, Social Advertising, Mobile Marketing, ecommerce search optimization, and more.
Opening Date: 13th August 2018
Closing Date: 12th September 2018