We are looking to recruit an ambitious Media Planner. The ideal candidate will be creative, hard working, and numerate with excellent attention to detail and a good level of proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with 2 years experience in similar roles and core set of media skills.
• Good understanding of online and offline media and how it is bought and planned
• Understanding how each campaign is planned and bought, producing schedules and managing clients’ media budgets
• Educated to a degree level, with a keen interest in business, media or marketing
• Have keen attention to details
• Have excellent telephone and customer service skills
• Able to handle pressure and able to delivery with tight deadlines
• Be a great communication with good interpersonal skills
• To be goal-orientated and driven by success
• good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, for liaising with colleagues, clients and media owners;
• Manage and optimise all aspects of broadcast media campaigns: including television, radio as well as press and outdoor to deliver against targets
• Offering sound media plans across online and offline media channels for our clients
• Negotiating and buying media placements, ensuring these are administered accurately and efficiently with all paperwork in place
• Ensure smooth implementation and delivery of your campaigns, alerting your line manager to any broadcast issues and finding solutions
• Preparing weekly/monthly campaign reporting sheets and writing informative insights to support these reports where possible
• Constantly researching and developing new deals and innovative ideas
• Providing constant support for Media Assistant
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with media owners and suppliers on a day-to-day level.
• Demonstrating initiative to help the team across accounts where possible
• recommending the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective time spans and locations;
• working with colleagues, other departments and media buyers either in-house or in a specialist agency;
• making and maintaining good contacts with media owners, such as newspapers, magazines and websites;
• managing client relationships to build respect and trust in your judgement;
• proofreading advertisement content before release;
• maintaining detailed records;
• evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns in order to inform future campaigns.
Our integrated agency formula for delivering success is based on 29 years campaign experience and deep insights. Being an independent agency means we care more for our clients. We are IPA member agency and follow the best in UK’s agency standards and best practice and always encourage our staff to take time to participate in the training that would help them improve their professional skills.
We are an agency with a family feel, with diversity at its heart, where people really matter.
We offer 20 working days holiday per year with pay plus extended fully-paid Christmas holiday from the company.
There's strong competition for trainee posts as there are only a small number of vacancies each year and employers only want to take on the very best talent. However, once you have made a start in the industry, opportunities do exist, with career progression based largely on performance.
IPA operates a CPD accreditation standard, available to graduates working within IPA member agencies.
Graduates employed by IPA member agencies are also eligible to take part in IPA's seven-stage training programme, which provides a formal structure for career progression.