We have an opportunity within the Mindshare Worldwide Paid Search and Social team for a Search Executive who will play a role in day to day execution and coordination of search campaigns for global clients such as Dyson, JLR, Unilever, Blackrock, HSBC and TK Maxx.
The candidate will ultimately report to the Search Account Director, for day to day client responsibilities and personal development they will report into the Search Account Manager. Working within the wider FAST Adaptive Hub, they will also be involved in integrated digital media planning.
• Working with Google, Yahoo, Bing and Amazon to support with running Paid Search campaigns. The opportunity to also learn how to run Gmail ads, Yahoo Gemini ads and YouTube Video campaigns
• Establish an understanding of the mechanics of Paid Search and complete the necessary specialist qualification, i.e Google Partners, Bing Ads Accreditation
• Learn how to navigate and use all key features of the platforms required to manage paid search campaigns, in particular campaign set up and reporting
• Learn how to efficiently build search campaigns and the Mindshare best practices in order to execute campaigns or provide guidelines to local markets
• Learn how to effectively and efficiently create keyword lists and taxonomies for individual clients
• Assist with the writing of paid search ad copy and identifying all applicable extension and best practices to maximise performance
• Assist with building best practice search campaigns for client’s based on approved media plans
• Apply your understanding of Mindshare Search best practices to your client portfolio
• Understand and complete the Mindshare PO process for all clients
• Complete the campaign budget management checks discussing any necessary changes with the Search Manager
• Develop an understanding of how paid search metrics interrelate and can influence each other
• Understand how to identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Be able to identify what optimization lever are available to improve paid search performance to meet your client’s KPIs
• Develop a working knowledge of how to make bid optimizations using the native platform and 3rd party technology
• Support with weekly account optimization in addition to bid optimization
• Complete client reporting and analyze campaign results under the guidance and training of the Account Manager, with a view to developing insights out of the data over time
• Contribute to materials required for regular internal or client meetings
• Learn how to approach preparing a media plan in response to a client’s brief
• Contribute to the generation of media plans
• Develop time managements skills to meet deadlines
• Keep up to date with digital media developments and share with the wider team
• Develop your knowledge and expertise to become a specialist in search marketing
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for digital media and keen to develop a career within Paid Search. They should be able to articulate what Paid Search is and how it differs from SEO.
- Analytically minded and good at handling large data sets
- Proactive approach to improving their knowledge and capability
- An understanding of the functionality of Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience using basic features of excel
- Able to communicate effectively
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of the wider team
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised with an effective and efficient approach to managing tasks
- Additional language skills are not mandatory but advantageous
- Any programming or coding knowledge is not mandatory but is advantageous
- Previously taken the Google Partners Search Fundamentals exam is not mandatory but is advantageous
- University degree
The Search Executive will be expected to demonstrate an enthusiasm to learn, with a questioning approach to develop their knowledge and capability to build, manage and plan Paid Search campaigns.
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global media agency network spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach remains a key differentiator.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.