IPA receives “Outstanding Contribution Award for Advertising Industry in China”
The award is in recognition of the IPA’s various Chinese-focussed initiatives, including;
- Its seminar and exhibition programmes held at the China International Advertising Festival, which it has been contributing to since 2009
- Its advertising delegations to China with the support of MOFCOM and UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) which have helped the UK advertising industry learn more about China, and to invite Chinese brands to go global.
- Its provision of keynote speakers to the China International Advertising Festival Creative Forum
- Its participation in the China Effies.
- Its seminars and exhibitions held in China to promote UK creativity and effectiveness.
Michael Burns, IPA Head of Export in Professional Development, received the award on behalf of the IPA. During his time in China, he will also be holding one-to-one meetings with the international relations team at the China Advertising Association, UKTI officials at the British Embassy in Beijing and with the IAA education and training teams.
Says Janet Hull, OBE, Executive Director, Creative Pioneers Challenge & IPA Director of Marketing: “The IPA is honoured to be recognised for its contribution to the Chinese advertising industry and the great working relationship it holds with the China Advertising Association. We hope to strengthen this relationship in China and around the world through cultural exchange, strategic partnerships and education and training.”
For more information about the 43rd IAA World Congress visit www.iaa75.org/beijing and www.iaabeijing2014.com.
Last updated 09/05/2014