IPA welcomes Advertising Pays 4 report
Highlights from the report reveal:
- Annual UK exports of advertising services are worth £4.1 billion, yielding more export value than insurance or constructions services, and more than twice as much as either accounting and auditing or recruitment
- The UK’s balance of payments surplus for advertising is the biggest in Europe – £1.6 billion
- Advertising export growth outstrips the wider economy and the creative industries, reaching 12.7% in 2012 – 2013 – considerably higher than the creative industries as a whole (3.5%) and overall UK services (4.5%)
- 35% of the top 20 UK ad agencies’ total revenue is generated by overseas business – almost £300 million
- Since 2005 the UK has won more Cannes Lions awards than any other country apart from the USA. In terms of Grand Prix winners alone, the outstanding entry for each award category, the UK is once again second only to the USA
Says Paul Bainsfair, Director General, IPA: “It is great to see tangible evidence of both the value of the ad industry to the UK economy and the power we hold globally. The world looks to us as standard-bearers in this space, as we have seen first-hand in the widespread global take-up of the IPA’s qualifications.”
The IPA’s qualifications have now been adopted by agencies in more than 60 countries. 2015 saw a collaboration with The Communications Council in Australia grow to include both online qualifications and residential courses. A landmark agreement with the 4A’s in the US was announced at Cannes Lions which will see them offer the Foundation Certificate across the US this year. This is in addition to other deals going live in Singapore, New Zealand, Canada, Paraguay, Ireland and Malaysia. New terms of business have been agreed with the EACA and participation continues to see strong growth across the Middle East.
Further information about the IPA’s international programme.
Further information about Advertising Pays 4
Join the conversation on Twitter: #adpays
Last updated 12/04/2016