MiQ and Flashtalking top IPA Media Owner and Ad:tech Spring Survey
The purpose of the survey is to keep agencies informed on which media owners and ad:tech suppliers deliver the highest levels of service and which ones have shown a commitment to continually improving digital standards.
Nearly 85% of respondents (84.5%) agreed or strongly agreed that the overall experience of working with MiQ was good. They were followed by Quantcast (79.2%), LoopMe (75.6%) and Teads (75.0%).
While MiQ leads among Ad Networks, Exchanges and Sales Houses, Oath (72.3%) ranks first among Online Pure Plays and Mail Online/Associated (71.8%) has taken the top spot in Crossover Media.
Among Ad:tech suppliers, more than 75% of respondents (75.8%) agreed that working with Flashtalking was a good experience. Only two other Ad:tech suppliers, (Integral Ad Science with 66.2% and DoubleClick Bid Manager with 61.8%), scored over 60% in this overall category.
Other key findings:
- Media Owner Survey:
- Quantcast leads three categories (Ease of Contact, Regular Contact and Agency/Media Ownership Partnership); Spotify tops two categories (Provision of Creative Solutions and Communication of Client Contact); while Captify, The Guardian, LoopMe and Snapchat each rank first one category.
- In addition to the overall category, MiQ also led in Dispute Resolution, and performed consistently well across the board.
- Telegraph.co.uk were named the cross-over media owner that best demonstrates a good understanding of how cross-over media opportunities can be exploited.
- Mail Online/Associated has been the most consistently improved media owner since the Autumn Survey seeing an improvement of 10 percentage points or more in eight categories.
- Ad:tech Supplier Survey:
- In addition to the overall Flashtalking also lead in four other categories (Response to Brief, Provision of Creative Solutions, Regular Contact and Supplier/Agency Partnership).
- Integral Ad Science top the rankings for four categories (Understanding of Own Products, Dispute Resolution, Ease of Contact and Communication of Direct Client Contact).
- Double Click Bid Manager rank first in two categories (Communication of Relevant New Opportunities and Understanding of Objectives).
- Flashtalking is the most improved Ad Tech supplier since the Autumn Survey, with an improvement of 10 percentage points or more across nine of the 11 survey categories.
Says Nigel Gwilliam, Head of Media & Emerging Tech, IPA “In today’s increasingly complex media landscape it is imperative that agencies work closely with media owners to produce the best possible work for their clients. The IPA’s Media Owner and Ad:tech Surveys provide crucial insights for agencies into which media owners and ad:tech suppliers are the best to work with and how that quality of service has changed in recent months. Congratulations to MiQ, Quantcast, LoopMe and Flashtalking who are leading the way in this year’s Spring Survey.”
Download the full Online Media Owner Spring Survey and Ad:tech Supplier Spring Survey results.
Last updated 10/05/2018