New-look IPA Foundation Certificate adds AI, AR and programmatic to enable 360° industry understanding
Client and agency experts including Stephen Woodford, Sir John Hegarty and Verica Djurdjevic have contributed to the new-look syllabus.
The 30-hour online programme, which culminates in two-hour offline exam, is divided into seven modules covering:
- The Power of Creativity (Will Collin. Karmarama and former founder of Naked Communications)
- The Communications Landscape (Toby Strangewood, Maxus)
- The Client and Agency Roles (Rohan Tambyrajah, PHD and Ben Johnson, Unilever)
- Theories, Tools & Techniques (Olivia Johnson and Steven Son, JWT and Emerson Bramwell, Vizeum)
- Comms Review (James Hankins, Manning Gottlieb OMD)
- The Creative Development Process* (Debs Gerrard, iris Worldwide)
- Evaluating Effectiveness (Sandie Dilger, Ogilvy and Mather)
These modules are delivered on a mobile optimised platform through PDFs, webinars, podcasts, expert opinion videos and interactive content.
Says Patrick Mills, Director of Membership and Professional Development, IPA: “The Foundation Certificate has become a rite of passage for everyone entering our industry, with more than 10,000 people passing the exam since its inception in 2003. To make sure that the programme maintains its place as the essential industry overview of all areas of advertising, we have added a wealth of fresh content that helps the Foundation Certificate represent the modern media landscape in all its forms.”
We asked some of the contributors to the new Foundation Certificate learning to share their wisdom with the latest delegates - here's what they had to say:
For more information and to register for the IPA Foundation Certificate please email: email@example.com.
Join the conversation on Twitter using #IPAFC
*Including an interactive video ‘A look at the creative process’ sponsored by iris Worldwide
Last updated 02/11/2017