Proof that professional development boosts your agency’s bottom-line
The report also provides case studies from 11 of the 41 agencies who were awarded CPD Gold in 2016 that bring to life agency examples of how implementing CPD has made a positive and measurable impact to their businesses.
Case study highlights
- 23red’s strategic development outlines clear goals with metrics, sensible roles for CPD, and training carefully matched to budgets.
- Says Jane Asscher, CEO and Founding Partner, 23red, “Our annual learning and development plan links directly to the agency’s objectives, as set out in the business plan. Through thorough evaluation of our CPD activity, we are able to prove the contribution that this focussed approach to learning and development has had on achieving these objectives, and the subsequent business success.”
- Cuttsy & Cuttsy is underpinned by CPD which sees admin staff members receiving pharmaceutical compliance training with the hands-on account team, and pop up appraisals.
- Says Matthew Cutts, Director, Cuttsy & Cuttsy, “It may be a cliché saying that an agency is only as good as its people, but it is true and if you don’t develop and train your team how can you possibly do better work?”
- Initiatives at Wieden + Kennedy included their internal speaker’s digital programme which upskilled staff and assisted in the navigation of the mobile landscape.
- Says Helen Andrews, Deputy Managing Director, Wieden + Kennedy, “We were delighted to receive CPD Gold Accreditation from the IPA for the way we looked after and developed our people in 2015. The agency was founded to be an environment to inspire creative people to do the best work of their lives and we’re proud of the impact that W+Ked., our bespoke education platform, has had on helping people to do that. We’re also incredibly proud of our culture which we believe is a special one; making CPD part of the agency in a way that feels very “W+K” has been really important, and we’re hugely pleased with the results it’s given us.”
Says Sarah Ellis, Head of Marketing Strategy, Sainsburys, Co-Founder, Amazing If and 2015 Chair of Gold judges, “I have been inspired both by the submissions and the dedication of the IPA and my fellow judges in supporting best practice across the industry. The best submissions all demonstrated an inclusive approach to learning and development, where everyone could contribute to and benefit from the opportunity to learn and grow. Those who have hit the tough Gold standard this year should be very proud, but there is no end to learning and development, so please keep exploring and establishing new expectations of excellence.”
View the full publication here.
To achieve CPD Gold accreditation, companies must provide a submission showing they have employed creativity in building, a vibrant learning culture to support real commercial objectives, and go beyond regular working practices. Find out more here.
To see the full CPD calendar of events please visit the CPD hub.
Last updated 03/02/2017