Teads leads latest IPA Media Owner Survey
In addition to Teads, a further three media owners, Say Media, Quantcast and InSkin Media achieved a score of over 80%. A further nine (Collective, Media IQ, Radium One, The Guardian, AOL Advertising, Weve, AutoTrader, Mail Online/Associated and Twitter) all achieved a score above 70%, while only two were rated below 50%. In this same category, AOL Advertising continues to lead the online pure players with a score of 72.7% and The Guardian lead crossover media owners with a score of 73.4%.
Other key findings:
- Yahoo! is the most improved media owner in relation to the “Grand Prix” question (respondents’ overall experience of dealing with them) and is also the only media owner to have improved over the previous survey in every category they feature in.
- Say Media leads in 4 categories (quality of response to brief, dispute resolution, creative solutions and post-campaign support).
- AutoTrader leads three categories (regular constructive contact, agency and media owner partnership, and communicating direct contact with client), and Media IQ leads two (understanding of client objectives and strategies, and mid-campaign support).
- Quantcast leads understanding of own products, Twitter leads communication of relevant new opportunities, and InSkin leads ease of contact.
- Telegraph.co.uk leads cross-over media owners in demonstrating a good understanding of cross-media opportunities and has seen improvement of 10 percentage points or more across seven categories.
See the full results here.
The 2015 Media Owner Awards scheme launches today (Wednesday 15 April). There will be 16 awards in total. Eight awards will be based on the findings from the Survey (based on a combination of spring, autumn and year-on-year results), and a further eight awards will be submission-based. The winners will receive their trophies in November in an awards ceremony and dinner. Full entry criteria are available at www.ipamoa.co.uk and deadline for entry is 5th June 2015.
Says Nigel Gwilliam, IPA Consultant Head of Media and Emerging Technology: “Congratulations to newcomer Teads whose exemplary online media service levels have certainly set the bar high. This survey doesn’t just highlight those that are doing it right though; it also provides invaluable feedback for all media owners on where there is room for improvement and how they can get closer to achieving the ultimate goal: a mutually beneficial working relationship with their agencies. Praise must therefore be given to those, such as Yahoo, who have taken the findings from the previous survey on board and have made an active effort to up their game.”
Says Pete Robins, IPA Digital Media Group Chairman and Managing Partner Agenda 21 “This survey provides a chance for some media owners, particularly the likes of Teads, Say Media, Quantcast and InSkin Media, to get the glory they rightly deserve for their hard work. While for others we hope it provides a useful spotlight on where things aren’t working so well and where they can and should improve. All this of course we hope will help to increase the standard of digital advertising overall. I look forward to seeing how the year pans out for all media owners and, for those included in the survey, to seeing how they incorporate this feedback going forwards – something which I hope they will demonstrate through entering this year’s Media Owner Awards.”
Fieldwork was undertaken in March 2015 with 363 survey responses received from digital planners, strategists and buyers in media agencies and digital specialists.
Last updated 15/04/2015