Who we are
For help with tricky production issues, such as visa requirements for overseas shoots, child regulations, insurance or problems with talent contact Kim Knowlton on Kim@ipa.co.uk or call 020 7201 8203.
How we can help
In addition to specific queries, we have a variety of books, pre-production forms, contracts and agreements for you to download from this site. We also collectively use our members feedback to ensure the industry's systems are working efficiently and effectively, especially on broadcast clearance.
Here are some typical questions:
- Do I need permission to include famous buildings in my commercial (at home and overseas)?
- How many hours can a 12-year-old girl work on set?
- What is a sponsorship licence and why do I need one to bring non-EU talent into the UK?
- I am filming goldfish in a bowl - do I need a vet on set?
- What paperwork do I need to move a herd of cattle from Scotland to Essex?
- I am filming in a station. Do I need release forms from the public? What should I do?
I have found the Broadcast Production Service extremely helpful. Responses are always prompt and very thorough. It’s really reassuring to know that this service is available.
Susan Grant, Business Affairs Manager, McCann London
I have found Kim’s input invaluable in this process, the fact that I have been able to get through to her easily and quickly is of massive importance and the advice given has been a Godsend. I am relatively new to TV production and Kim has guided me through what appeared at first to me a mine field of paperwork, Kim has supported and suggested so many things that I feel more confident in this process. I value and respect Kim’s advice and will continue to seek this for as long as she will put up with me.
Rae Reeves, Producer, Cogent Elliott
Last updated 14/12/2016