Specifically designed for candidates based outside of the UK, this version of the qualification is written for the industry, by the industry, using live webinars, online forums, expert videos and podcasts. It's the definitive programme for newcomers who are ambitious to move to the next level. It’s a super-concentrated opportunity to gain an overview of the whole industry with just 30 hours of flexible online learning.
Who is this qualification for?
Individuals based outside of the UK with less than a year's experience in an advertising, marketing or communications role. From recent graduates in their first year to young professionals just starting out or people entering the industry from another profession.
What are the benefits?
View the full Foundation Certificate syllabus.
- Instead of taking years to gain an essential overview of all areas of advertising – this course will take you on a journey through the entire brand communication process in just 30 hours.
- Gain an appreciation of the creative process, from fostering creativity in your everyday environment to understanding the invaluable role of media.
- Discover the importance of effectiveness to the industry and the development of theories such as those from Les Binet and Peter Field.
- Build on your knowledge of the client and agency roles and the marketing tools available to today’s marketers and agencies while understanding how to perform your role with confidence and expertise
- Join the 12,000 people who have taken the qualification since 2003
How the learning is delivered and assessed
- This qualification is delivered via 30 hours of online learning, delivered in 7 modules which can be accessed and downloaded when it suits you on any device or via the IPA app.
- Gwyn March is the dedicated tutor for this qualification, available to answer candidate’s queries right up until their exam date.
- This qualification is assessed via a formal 2-hour online exam, 3-hours for non-native English speakers based in non-English speaking countries.
- Candidates will need to answer five short-form essay questions. The passing grade for the final exam is 50%. Candidates who pass will be awarded a digital certificate of completion and 2 MIPA stars towards personal accreditation.
Online Exam Dates 2019:
- 15th April 2019
- 30th September 2019
For more information or if you're unsure whether we are running an online exam in your country, email firstname.lastname@example.org - we’re here to help you as much as we can.
View (Global) Foundation Certificate Policies
- Members: £250 + VAT
- Non-Members: £500 + VAT