Most of us are not natural-born negotiators but we can learn how to be. This course teaches the unique combination of hard and soft skills that are required to achieve winning outcomes and long-lasting and profitable relationships.
Account Directors, Project Managers and Producers who conduct negotiations with Clients and external suppliers.
Becoming a great negotiator requires a unique combination of skills; the ‘hard’ commercial ones that can be learned and practiced (what is said and how to say it). And the soft skills, the paralinguistic and non-verbal techniques, the subtle nuances that can help you read the person across the table and gain a real edge.
This one-day workshop teaches both sets of skills, and how to blend them, to create winning negotiations and to build long-lasting and profitable relationships. It combines theory with practice and role-plays, so that you can practice what you’re learning in real time with individual coaching to help improve performance.
• The importance of preparation
• Setting goals and objectives
• Preparing yourself
• The value of the relationship
• Defining the bargaining arena
• Understanding their needs
• Knowing when to walk away
• Casting and roles for the team
• Asking the right questions
• Signalling and proposing
• Re-framing, bargaining and closing