An Account Director in the Outcomes team is responsible for delivering market leading campaigns across both Digital Display, Programmatic and print media.
This will involve working in partnership with some of the most prolific media owners in the market – Verizon, Teads, Captify, Google, News UK, The Guardian, an example, along with GroupM teams who help to deliver our self-service programmatic solutions.
In Outcomes we encourage creative thinking, so this means identifying new opportunities and constantly working with clients and media owners to bring innovate ideas to life across the diverse landscape.
It’s varied role, comprising not only planning, implementation and evaluation of clients’ media activity, but overseeing reporting output, ensuring continuity of the agency’s financial processes, managing client and media owner relationships, attending meetings, and contributing to the quality of the team’s output.
The Account Director is responsible for the line management of the team Account Managers as well as supporting the Business Director in assessment of their quarterly performance.
No two days are the same in our team. We are a lively bunch, who like to work hard but take great pride in what we do, whilst having fun along the way!
• Working with your Business Director, you will be expected to help devise the programmatic roadmap for your clients and will then have responsibility for ensuring that the team deliver against their short, medium and long-term objectives.
• Devising campaign strategy and working with Account Managers to ensure that this is translated into media plans and tactics
• Overseeing the planning, creation, and on-going management of Programmatic campaigns, with personal involvement in key quarterly/ annual planning cycles
• Ensuring operational best practice across the team, delivering campaigns on target and on budget
• Monitoring of delivery vs Mindshare commercial agreements
• Attending client audits with third parties – eg, Ebiquity, Accenture
• Working with partners and team (managed service and internal teams as appropriate) in order to make sure that Mindshare are working with them in the most effective way, and suggesting and implementing improvements where needed
• Working with Account Managers to put in place testing frameworks and overseeing their implementation
• Monitoring outputs from meetings and client calls and face to face meetings, ensuring that key actions are followed up on in a timely fashion
• Programmatic lead across all clients that you work across
• Playing an active role in department meetings and agency events
• Writing case studies of great work delivered by the team
• Volunteering to assist with new business pitches, and other cross-agency initiatives
• Collaborating with other digital teams within the Outcome hub
• Motivating junior team members to develop their knowledge of programmatic best practices and effectively managing their workloads
• Managing the development of team members, with clear objectives and regular performance reviews
• Arranging/attending training to progress the team’s knowledge and capability
• Supporting the education of planning teams on the benefits and purpose of programmatic
• Making full use of the technology available, implementing processes and practices that maximize operational efficiencies
• The accurate management of booking and billing as per Mindshare finance process to minimize queries and invoicing issues. Where queries do occur, take full ownership to ensure that they are resolved and closed in a timely fashion
• Taking responsibility for junior team members accurately following all aspects of Mindshare process
• Identifying opportunities for process improvement and providing recommendations. Recognize opportunities for Mindshare to offer out-of-scope services to clients and introduce the appropriate teams in order to make this happen
We’d like to hear from you if you tick all of these boxes:
• Passionate about Digital and knowledgeable of the market
• Robust planning and effective negotiation skills
• Strong commercial acumen and deep understanding of market dynamics in Digital
• A ‘people person’ who can form strong relationships with clients, suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interpret data in a meaningful and understandable way for staff and clients
• Well organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Operating Company: Mindshare Media Ltd
Job Title: Account Director
Department / Team:
Location: Central St Giles, London
Salary: Competitive rates of pay apply
Working Hours: Mon – Friday, 9.30am – 5.30pm
Deadline for applications: 4th February 2020
We are Mindshare UK and we're inventing the future of media
Understanding people is at the heart of our business, that means we make the audience our number one client. This is how we discover meaningful insights and deliver real business growth for brands
The best way to introduce ourselves? Let’s tell you about the three values that make us Mindshare:
Learn quickly. Act immediately. Again and again.
• We’re experts in media, yet we constantly challenge our knowledge.
• We question ourselves every day, always testing and adapting our thinking.
• Change is always welcome, because standing still is not an option.
Be challenging. Always express a point of view.
• We value curiosity and passion as much as we do knowledge.
• Only by asking “how” or “why” do we learn, stimulate debate and form more powerful opinions.
• This is our creative approach to media. It drives innovation and allows us to do things differently.
Be generous. We’re in this together.
• We’re at our most powerful when we work together - with colleagues, clients, our media partners - and, of course, with the audience.
The Exchange – OUTCOMES Digital & Print
• This constant collaboration creates diverse perspectives and generates fresh, innovative ideas. The best example? Huddle - our annual event bringing together the brightest minds in the industry.
These values help us do the best work of our careers.
Sounds like somewhere you could flourish? Get in touch - and let’s invent the future of media together.