Background to Havas
Havas is one of the world's largest global communications groups. Founded in 1835 in Paris, the Group now employs 18000 people in over 100 countries. Havas is committed to being the world’s best company at creating meaningful connections between people and brands through creativity, media and innovation.
Havas is also the most integrated Group in its sector, with most of its creative and media teams sharing the same premises, the Havas Villages, designed to increase synergies and creativity for all its clients and agencies. Havas is organised into two divisions: Havas Media Group and Havas Creative Group.
In 2017 Havas Media Group and Havas Creative Group joined together in the newly Havas Village in King’s Cross. The Havas Village (HKX) now consists of over 20 agencies and over 1800 staff. The area itself is fast becoming an exciting intersection for creativity (Central St Martins) technology (Google) and entertainment (Universal Music Group) for London. The Village strategy will focus on mobilising talent and capabilities around client problems to deliver truly integrated communications solutions.
Havas Media Group
Havas Media Group in the UK is made up of 450 people across the following divisions:
• Havas Media (London & Manchester)
• Havas Market
• Havas Entertainment
• Havas International
The New Business and Marketing team
The new business and marketing team is made up of a Group Business Development Director, Associate Director, New Business Executive, and two dedicated designers – we report directly into the Group CEO, with five primary areas of focus:
1. Generating new business opportunities for Havas Media Group with a focus on Havas Media, Havas Media Manchester, Havas Entertainment and Havas Market.
2. Winning pitches.
3. Generating noise around work and wins across the core brands.
4. Building the external perception of the Havas Media Group brand and individual agencies within the group.
5. Creating relationships with new prospects and maintaining relationships with intermediaries.
We are seeking an individual to play a central role in the new business function of Havas Media Group, ensuring new business opportunities are fully coordinated across the Group, that the work we do for clients is communicated with passion, and the profile of the agency is consistently raised and maintained, internally and externally.
New Business Operation
• Manage the creation of pitch materials and oversee all logistical elements including gathering content, competitor analysis, liaising with design, support on pitch theatre etc.
• Work and support on all elements of new business, RFI’s, chemistries and pitches, ensuring the process is smoothly run at all times.
• Create credentials documents and presentations in line with the brand guideline and maintain the credentials library
• Keep track of all leads, maintain / create a database of prospects
• Help develop new business strategies and lead generation
• Track and analyse all NB activities for monthly and end of year review (won, lost, stages, etc.)
• Monthly database updates: maintain client list, client team, PR, intermediaries and third-party lists
• Management of marketing materials / websites with new business intermediaries
• Ensure case studies are up to date
• Create newsletters for monthly comms to the agency and intermediaries
• Managing events and all comms and invites
• Managing the social activity and ensuring continuous activity, along with monthly reporting analysis
• Support the PR team to drive positive external profile for the agency and key personnel
We are looking for
• Someone who makes things happen and likes to be accountable
• A confident self-starter with a can-do attitude and the ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrable experience at senior executive/manager level in a new business, client or investment role
• Proven organisational skills and work in an agile and accommodating way
• Bring passion and energy to the team; always looking for ways to improve what we do
• A team player who shows willingness to support the department and their ‘one team’ ethos
• Friendly but able to push back and enforce deadlines
• Make sure we deliver outstanding work that we are proud of
• Confidence to be able to deal with the most senior level stakeholders
• Great writing skills are essential
We have a brilliant position available within our New Business and Marketing team, as New Business and Marketing Manager. The role is across Havas Media Group, including the following divisions: Havas Media, Havas Market, Havas Entertainment and Havas International.
You will be working in a team of six, with the Group Business Development Director, Associate Director, New Business Executive and two dedicated designers.
The role is varied across New Business and Marketing including generating new business opportunities, winning pitches, generating noise around work and wins, and building the external perception of HMG and the agencies within the group.
The role is perfect for someone who is at Manager level or at Senior Executive level, currently working in client services, investment or with previous marketing or new business experience. You will need to be highly organised and able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple workloads. We’re looking for someone who has a can-do attitude, who will bring passion and energy to the team and is a team player.
Very Competitive overall package including
25 Days holiday increasing by 1 day after each full year served (Max 30)
Birthday Day off
4 Mental Health Days
Family (Mat / Pat Leave)
Additional benefits can be provided
Havas Media Group
Havas Media Group
At Havas Media, we are passionate about helping our clients create Meaningful Brands by reimagining valuable experiences. Our smart thinking around enhancing consumer experiences means we deliver more measurable, meaningful moments between brands and people. We call this Mx (Meaningful Media Experiences); thinking about how we connect consumers to the right content in the right context.
We are based in London’s King’s Cross – one of 24 agencies which make up the Havas Village. As others attempt – and struggle – to integrate and simplify their offer, we continue to pioneer the UK’s only truly integrated model within our King’s Cross Village. We are the only UK Media Agency to share a single building with every other specialist business in our network, all under a single P&L - which means we can draw on broader expertise to create bespoke teams - while boasting a unique and unparalleled entertainment offering through our partnership with Vivendi.
We maximise collaboration and offer our clients a powerful combination of creative, content and media excellence, scale, agility and innovation. This means we can field our very best people and change our shape according to the needs of each client and brief we work with.
The role we play – our manifesto
Havas exists to deliver our clients with brilliant media, content and data solutions. We’re constantly looking for creative ways to reach the people that matter to our clients’ businesses.
Our restless nature means that we challenge what has been done before; question what is being asked of us; and innovate at every opportunity. We uncover evidence to support our thinking and prove our success. We believe in sometimes taking a healthy amount of risks, knowing that we are supported no matter what the outcome.
In the Village, our colleagues are our family; we are only as good as the people with whom we collaborate, and we treat them with the respect they deserve. We believe our people and the way we behave makes us a great partner for our clients, our partners and our colleagues.