at Media Arts Lab
Location: 82 Charing Cross Rd, West End, London WC2H 0BA
Opening & Closing Date: 2nd April 2020 – 2nd May 2020
The Business Lead forms an integral part of the team that services the European and Greater Middle Eastern markets including UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Russia and Turkey.
This is a highly client-facing role and one in which the Business Lead will act with a high degree of autonomy to engage with our client’s business and help to craft advertising solutions to marketing challenges.
MAL is a fast-paced environment that has been crafted around the bespoke needs and exacting standards of our client. The Business Lead will play a critical role in the agency’s ability to flawlessly deliver against our origination scope across Europe & the Greater Middle East, taking campaigns all the way from initial brief, through production, until they’re live in the world.
Collectively and individually, the European and Greater Middle Eastern markets present a hugely engaging cultural, economic and business challenge for a senior account handler who wishes to straddle the line between in-house marketeer and advertising creative agency. The Business Lead shall report into our Regional Managing Director (based in London) and will benefit from the support of our wider account team of Account Directors, Managers and Executives on a project-by-project basis. The Business Lead should be able to travel across the European and Greater Middle Eastern regions on regular scheduled trips and on an ad-hoc basis in line with agency and campaign priorities.
• Be the key client contact for Greater Middle Eastern and European clients in development and delivery of campaigns
• Lead key client meetings, present creative work and strategy
• Oversee internal and client campaign approvals and be responsible for quality control
• Oversee development of campaign creative and drive the development of work and campaigns creatively and strategically
• Be the “brand guardian” for the client’s POV within the agency
• Understand the business and cultural opportunities within each market and partner with clients during the development of any campaign or project
• Collaborate with our strategy team on efforts such as competitive monitoring and research
• Orchestrate adaptation process, work on global and regional briefs as required
• Oversee and deliver all EU Origination projects
• Be responsible for overseeing region’s budget status
• Maintain campaign schedules for specific region
• Work with planning and Greater Middle Eastern and European clients to provide country-specific strategy
• Supervise a team of Account Directors, Account Managers and Account Executives
• Manage resourcing of Account Department, allocation of project and team’s career progression and development
This is a senior and critical role within our agency — as such, the following is a list of essential competencies and experience that the right candidate must possess:
• Substantial agency account handling experience working in the advertising industry across Europe, Russia, Turkey and the Greater Middle East.
• University degree or equivalent educational achievement in a Marketing and/or Media-based course as the ability to understand and leverage fundamental marketing and media principles throughout the strategic and creative development processes is essential.
• Substantial experience managing a tech brand’s advertising.
• Substantial experience working on multi-national clients who have the equivalent scale, impact and global reach as our client.
• Substantial experience working on fast turn-around, always-on accounts.
• Substantial experience in the flawless international adaptation and versioning of creative assets across multiple platforms and international markets.
• Substantial experience of providing strategic account management in the concepting and execution of original creative work.
• Substantial production shoot and production finance experience across Europe, Russia, Turkey and the Greater Middle East.
• An in-depth understanding of the media landscape and platform opportunities across Europe, Russia, Turkey and the Greater Middle East.
• In order to substantiate your creative credentials, you have created work that has won at renowned international advertising awards — namely Cannes Lions, D&AD Pencils, Clio’s and/or Effie’s.
• Substantial experience of presenting creative work directly to the most senior of clients — equivalent to Vice President- or Chief Marketing Officer-level.
• Substantial experience of leading an essential function within an advertising agency and demonstrable team leadership to a large group of subordinate positions with that function.
• A creatively driven account handler, who pushes for creative excellence.
• Has a dynamic/ entrepreneurial approach — pushes the creative work forward but who can also hunt out creative opportunities for the agency to consistently be adding value to our client’s business.
• A pragmatic, adaptable and resourceful problem-solver — someone who always sees the angles in any given situation and understands how to mitigate potential issues in advance.
• A confident, articulate and engaging communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Possesses an international outlook and a sensitivity to different cultures, languages, communication styles and business practices.