The client manager is the lead day to day contact between the client and the agency. They are responsible for ensuring that the agency is meeting the client’s needs, working with all the key functions that go into creating the agency’s advertising output. Reporting to the Head of Client Services, they are constantly solving problems, managing internal and external communications, and driving projects to completion.
- Managing the client relationship through effective communication, problem solving, and responding to requests
- Taking ownership of project planning from creative development to execution, leading the team to ensure the highest standards
- Scoping and planning client requirements including budgeting and timings
- Ensuring the team are keeping accurate records of meetings, decisions and next actions
- Monitoring that project deadlines and budgets are met, communicating and seeking approval of any changes to these
- Leading the development and all stages of production for broadcast media (TV and VOD)
- Acquiring a deep understanding of client businesses, brand, consumer and competitors
- Taking client communication briefs and supporting the Planner with drafting creative briefs
- Working with the creative teams to develop new creative campaigns that follow the brand strategy and creative proposition
- Educating the wider team on the brand strategy and creative proposition
- Work with the planning team to research market context and consumer insights for new business and client projects
- Work with the planning team to seek opportunities for further consumer insights
- Build strategic slides into all creative presentations, considering the business challenge
- Look for opportunities to engage with Planning to build more robust campaigns
- Presenting and selling creative work
- Tracking and evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns, working with the Planner to take learnings
- Positioning your role as a partner to the client, supporting clients make informed and robust marketing decisions
- Representing the agency in client and all-agency meetings
- Managing the work, performance and development of (Graduate) Client Partners
- Working with Finance to bill client accurately, chase unpaid invoices, raise POs and track GP against annual client targets
- Identifying ways to grow client accounts through new business opportunities Required Skills
- 3-5 years experience in an agency or client side role
- Minimum 2:1 in a relevant degree discipline
- A passion for marketing, advertising and effectiveness
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure
- Personable, and able to work effectively with a variety of different people
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written
- Organised with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Be flexible and able to solve problems
- Take ownership and responsibility – ensuring the highest of standards
- Work well within a team, taking direction with enthusiasm
- Persuasive, able to sell work and ideas, and respond positively to feedback.
- Resilient and positive in difficult situations.
What's in it for you? We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- 25 days annual leave (plus an extra day for your birthday)
- Eyecare vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- On site parking
- Regular office socials
- Weekly friday drinks in the office (from 4.30pm)
Cast your mind back to 1999. The first dot com boom was booming, mobile was poised to go upwardly mobile and a whole new millennium awaited just a party away. Our world was riding a wave of change and people felt that the future was finally arriving.
Yet the wonderful thing is that the future never arrives: it’s always tantalisingly ahead of us, spurring us on. And change is never a fait accompli. It’s a journey. A quest for the differences that will help every brand and business innovate and grow.
That’s why we started out, and why we’re still growing and changing. We’ve always questioned things, because we’ve always wanted to be sure that all our answers are the best they can be. We get a real buzz out of unearthing those core business and marketing problems and solving them for people.
That’s why we’re now three companies in one: three different Differents, each with their own specialism, all part of the everything different family. Once upon a time, we were four opinionated mavericks in one office. Now we have 60 in two. We used to call ourselves an advertising and design agency. Now we’re a Campaign Top 100 Agency, BIMA and CMA member and MRS company partner, and we think, why limit ourselves and what we can do – and for whom?
Along the way we’ve created a lot of disruption alongside the commercials, content, belly laughs, TV programmes, infographics, expletives, websites, social conversations, data storytelling, double takes, brand strategies, careers, money, moments and kapows.
And we’ve picked up a shelfload of accolades, from Mediaweek Research Awards to IPA Effectiveness, Drum Content, Purple Apples, World Travel Awards, Creative Circle, Best of Health and New York Festivals.
It’s been a ball, and every new challenge continues to thrill us, because we meet it together.
Together we make a difference.