Position: Digital Art Director
Reporting to: Executive Creative Director
Posting Dates: 24th September 2019
Closing Date: 25th October 2019
Purpose of the role:
The Digital Art Director will create and assist with crafting and producing high-quality art direction, design and creative solutions to client briefs that are specific to digital technologies and social platforms.
Working at times as an individual and at other times with Copywriters, Creative Directors, Strategists and Account Handlers to deliver highly creative digital focussed concepts. Your work will span across a wide range of projects and have a reach across multiple regions, single market regions and at times global levels.
• A conceptual digital art director with an advertising agency and digital agency experience
• Beautifully crafted and designed portfolio of work
• Able to convey strong, simple messages through design and art direction
• Digital art direction, digital design skills, digital platform design, digital photography, video editing and advanced knowledge of digital content and social platforms
• Degree in Advertising & Communication or similar advertising / creative course or Art Direction or similar language-based writing course
• Additional education/training from any of the following is required: Miami Ad School, D&AD, Hyper Island, General Assembly, Bergh’s or VCU (or similar international school /courses/companies)
• Strong written and oral grasp of English and ideally at least 2 other languages which are demonstrated in a portfolio of work
• Culturally connected, plugged-in, and exceptionally talented
• International and country-specific exposure for your work, and with examples that awarded e.g. Cannes Lions, Webby, Effie, D&AD Pencil etc.
• Previous experience required localising international creative projects
• A college graduate, preferably with a specialism in business, marketing and/or comms.
• A strong and developed understanding of the digital advertising industry and media landscape
• An ability to present and sell work in a truly engaging, influential and charismatic manner
• Strong analytical, organisation and problem-solving capabilities. Detail-orientated and capable of managing several ongoing projects at the same time
• A true team player who understands and demonstrates the value of collective effort towards a common goal.
• Sensitivity towards cultural and contextual differences and a willingness to understand, embrace and articulate these to a global audience
• Passionate about technology, the process of digital advertising and media/ communication channels
• The ability to lead, train and motivate junior members of the team
• Optimistic, open and positive attitude towards work, and life
Benefits Package available on successful application.