The IPA are looking for an experienced digital content editor to work with us to develop and execute our digital content across our website and emails.
You will be working as part of a digital transformation team with responsibility for helping us deliver a well-structured experience for our users which is ‘on brand’.
You should already be knowledgeable with CRM (Microsoft Dynamics 365), Umbraco and Dotmailer packages and be a confident writer and editor.
Your main responsibilities will include taking a lead role in developing and improving our website and email experience.
- Developing and editing website content
- Monitoring and improving content performance via the use of web analytics and understanding website user journeys
- Managing our CMS , user groups, users and workflows,
- Conducting content audits to identify gaps and redundancies in the website.
- Creating and implementing content schedules for you (and possibly others) to produce or update website content
- Sourcing and commissioning / helping edit images and videos for the web
- Developing and reviewing policies relating to the IPA’s web content, such as house style
- Meet with internal stakeholders and users on website analytics with recommendations for change/development if required
- You will be responsible for managing our email marketing platform, Dotmailer
- Synchronising CRM mailing lists with DotMailer
- Developing email marketing segmentation to raise engagement
- Provide reports on email performance, including following user journey from email to web and end goals (sale, booking, sign-up, etc)
- Modifying and updating email tempalates
- Developing email marketing preferences
- You will work closely with the Head of Communications on aligning email content/scheduling with our communications calendar.
- You will work closely with the Head of Communications on our email marketing copy to complement our website experience.
Required technical skills
- Working knowledge of CRM and it’s purpose
- Dotmailer or similar broadcast email system
- Umbraco (CMS) or similar
- Basic HTML knowledge, and understanding of CSS
Required personal skills
- Experienced with web writing best practices, web accessibility and understanding of what makes a good online user experience (UX)
- An excellent understanding of English grammar, punctuation and spelling and the ability to adapt styles and to spot patterns, gaps, repetitions and mistakes
- Highly organised with the ability to work on multiple projects at once and to meet deadlines
- Creative and technically minded
- Familiar with social media and other digital content platforms (YouTube, etc)
- To be able to communicate confidently and clearly with a variety of stakeholders and to effectively research, collate and summarise information from different sources
The IPA is proud to be incorporated by Royal Charter and to position itself as the power behind the practitioners: our 320 agency members.
Everyone at the IPA is encouraged to work with a team spirit. This may include contributing know-how and time to joint projects, and helping other staff members with training and development.
This is an exciting time to join the IPA because we have just launched a new website and CRM system as part of a digital transformation programme. You will work alongside the digital and data team.