The Investment Team’s primary role is to plan and buy media across all channels on behalf of our clients and is split into four separate areas - Audio Visual, Publishing, Display Activation and Partnerships. We are recruiting across Display Activation.
The Display Activation Team is responsible for the activation of all digital display and mobile campaigns. This includes planning and booking of media from live stage to reporting, whilst working alongside respective parties accordingly.
As part of the role in the Display Activation team you will need to build close, strong working relationships with all internal teams such as the Client team, Campaign Management and Evidence teams, whilst also working closely with our media partners to deliver best in class digital display campaigns for our clients.
• Basic understanding of Display and Publishing eco-system
• Correct and timely input of media plans onto Prisma booking system, ensuring that bookings are matched with the correct PO’s and identifying any issues to the appropriate person
• Collaboration with Campaign Management team to ensure weekly monitoring and chasing of campaign delivery with regular feedback to the Client team
• Coordination with Finance for set up of new suppliers
• Creation of monthly reconciliation templates and collation of reconciliation figures from media owners, whilst updating Value Owed Tracker with under deliveries
• Updating the spreadsheets used by the team for Auditing including Audit trackers, Pool prices and buying guide with new data when available
• Maintaining the media owner contacts database
• Able to use and interpret digital and reporting planning tools effectively (e.g. Comscore, UKOM, Touchpoints, DFA analytics, etc) to support team with Client/Client team requests
• Understanding of data, able to interpret client reports and provide a basic commentary and analysis
• Basic understanding of data, able to interpret client reports
• Attend relevant training and talks
• Attend internal team meetings to learn & share all areas in Display
• Clear/concise communication both verbal and written
• Day-to-day coordination with digital planning and campaign management
• Present yourself and communicate professionally in all encounters with media owners, clients and people internally
• Be able to listen, take responsibility for retaining and absorbing information
• Collate industry, marketplace stats, trade press news and share with the rest of the buying team
• Support the team proactively and positively
• Have regular, open dialogue with your line manager
• Have a helpful, friendly and positive attitude
• Deliver work that is 100% accurate
• Deliver work within set deadlines
• Be organised and able to manage a number of tasks at the same time
• Delivery of accurate and timely basic reporting requirements
• Ensure work is accurate to prevent account queries
• Escalate wider delivery issues and budget movement to DA team
• Carry out frequent optimising suggestions and recommendations to DA team
• Ensure campaigns are delivering against KPIs and flag any performance issues early
• Undertake administration tasks across the wider Investment team as and when required
• Be proactive on clients behalf and ensure the best value is delivered on every client campaign
• Make any opportunities or short term deals available to the client known to the relevant planners
• Manage expectations and ensure deadlines are hit
• Respond positively to leadership from line manager and above
MG OMD job descriptions are not intended to be restrictive and are a guideline to the duties in this role.
Founded in 1990, Manning Gottlieb OMD (MG OMD) has creativity and effectiveness at its core. Purchased by Omnicom in 2002, MG OMD has always been an agency with real ambition, earning a reputation over time for imagination, bravery and the quality of its people. The agency’s belief in the importance of its people is reflected in the many initiatives it runs to ensure that its employees are continuously inspired and challenged. Testament to this, our new entry-level training programme ‘The MG Academy’ has ensured a 97% graduate retention rate whilst 47% of the senior management team have been at the agency for more than 10 years!
We have a team of 430+ people who work across a diverse range of over 60+ clients including: The Virgin Group (including, Virgin Media and Virgin Trains), Renault, TSB, The John Lewis Partnership, Specsavers, Starbucks and Sony (including, Sony Pictures and Sony Music).
MG OMD is an award winning media agency and in 2015, won 44 industry awards in total, up 25% from the previous year, converting 60% of the awards that we entered in to wins. We are particularly proud that that these awards came from a broad range of our clients and across multiple pieces of work. From the acclaimed and multi-awarded John Lewis Christmas campaign, Content awards for Odeon, global recognition in the Technology field for Virgin Holidays, Social awards for Waitrose, Search awards for TSB to Effectiveness awards for Specsavers, we have continued to prove our dedication to producing an exemplary, insightful and imaginative portfolio of work. And it was this dedication to creative and effectiveness excellence that led Thinkbox last year to name MG OMD as the most awarded agency in their 10 year history. To top it all off, in 2015, WARC also named MG OMD ‘The Best Media Agency in Europe’.
This volume of award winning work doesn’t happen by accident. We believe that in our industry it is ultimately people who make the difference. It is our people who create the ideas. It is our people who deliver the media communications solutions and who go that step further and make a difference for our clients. So, true to our ethos, we work hard at creating an inclusive, friendly atmosphere that inspires and assists our people to become the best in the industry, considerate, honest and professional.
We want people who are great to work with, fun to be with and totally committed. As a result, we continue YOY to invest heavily in the development of our people, so much so that our training and development programme was awarded the prestigious CPD Platinum accreditation from the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) in 2015, 2016 and 2017.