ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking to appoint an experienced EA to provide efficient, high-quality administrative support to two senior executives, Caroline Foster Kenny (CEO, IPG Mediabrands EMEA) and Robyn Orr (Chief Client Officer, UM EMEA International) as well as oversee the operations of 10+ Executive Assistants across the business.
This position requires a superior level of tact, integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy and professionalism. Dealing with matters of a sensitive and confidential nature, this role demands strict confidentiality both internally and externally at all times.
In addition, you will manage the operations of the Executive Assistants across the business who support the senior leaders in the UK office. Operations includes allocation of general work load, holiday cover, overseeing training and onboarding of new EAs, central point of contact for issues, centralised resource for information and makes improvements to the efficiency and quality of work. Generates a positive and fun team atmosphere by organizing team events, team meetings and celebrating hard work.
The successful candidate will have a pro-active character, with the ability to anticipate issues and provide solutions and can manage multiple tasks. We require someone with the confidence to deal with a range of levels of seniority as well as personalities.
You will be responsible for developing, managing and maintaining relationships with key agency personnel of all levels within the network as well as external contacts such as clients and partners.
Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is essential, as is the ability to work on your own initiative without supervision. Excellent use of English language (both written and verbal) and a professional image and manner are pre-requisites of the job alongside patience, resilience and good listening skills.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Responsibilities & Expectations
• Complete management of all business dealings and personal diary/schedule, anticipating needs, prioritisation and preparation for meetings and key events, including organisation of internal and external meetings. This shall include liaising with other markets and offices across different time zones.
• Book venues for business lunches, dinners and meetings, managing invites, proposals and meeting requests
• Proactively follow up with various members of staff on deadlines and actions taken from meetings.
• Complete management of all business travel (including booking of all domestic and international flights, hotels, taxis and transfers)
• Producing detailed itineraries for travel schedules, business meetings and engagements
• Arranging visas where needed / applications for passports & passport renewal
• Screening and filtering all business and personal mail, drafting replies where necessary and ensuring that the leadership is fully briefed on all relevant correspondence at all times, particularly when away from the office
• Liaising with relevant personnel across the markets to ensure that all relevant documentation and information is collated ready for business meetings
• Developing, managing and maintaining relationships with key agency personnel of all levels within the Mediabrands network and at times the IPG Group
• Provide support to other Executives in the wider business when needed
• Completing and submitting monthly expense reports for business credit card and cash expenses in a timely manner using the 1Place system
• Setting up meeting rooms and working with IT in ensuring the correct equipment is in place and working
• Work collaboratively with counterparts in other global offices and cover annual leave for other assistants when necessary
Meetings & Events
• Organising all logistical elements to various internal, and sometimes client, events and summits. Can range from a small group of attendees, up to 500 plus. Includes booking venues, catering, attendee lists, AV equipment etc.
• Main point of contact for all queries and logistical demands for quarterly EMEA Forums, must be comfortable liaising with CEO’s across the EMEA region.
• Managing board meetings including pulling together the agenda, relevant board packs, attending the meetings if required, taking and distributing the minutes
• Raising POs for travel and events
• Responsible for ensuring that PowerPoint presentations that are developed are accurate and presentable, ensuring that there is consistency across the deck
• Be responsible for checking grammar and spelling within all presentation material, working closely with PR & Comms. Working closely with PR on annual industry events such as Cannes Lions etc. to ensure this is on your leader’s agenda / registration to events is done / travel & hotels booked in advance
• Be the point of contact for external and internal enquiries, dealing with both difficult and sometimes highly confidential/sensitive issues
EA Team Leader
• Oversee general operations of 10+ assistants
• Ensure that workload is evenly distributed across each team member. Assistants will manage their day to day, this role will manage the overall general workload as and when new leaders are hired or exit the business as well as managing holiday and sickness cover.
• Communicate new processes, policies and ensure compliance across the teams.
• Maintain centralised resources of information to ensure best practices are shared.
• Main point of contact for any questions or concerns around roles, responsibilities, improvements to the team.
• Generates a fun and motivating work environment. Bringing the team together regularly for meetings, celebrating successes, creating a culture of team work and collaboration.
• Proven experience of supporting at Senior Executive or CEO level
• Prior experience managing a team of assistants across the business reporting to various senior leaders
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Word
• Tech savvy with the ability to navigate general IT setup etc.
• Exceptional organisational skills and able to prioritise
• Requires good attention to detail and a proactive hands-on approach.
• Have excellent time management skills and very strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience with confidential matters
• Previous experience in a busy and high-pressured administrative capacity
• Be able to demonstrate success of working to tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and has lead and motivated teams in the past
• Tolerance for ambiguity & able to work with fluidity
• Have the flexibility to adapt to a changing business with a calm demeanor and able to react positively during stressful times.
• Be able to build and maintain good working relationships, internally and externally
• Assertive proactive nature
• A positive and can-do attitude
• Team player
• Excellent written communications
• Degree preferred but not required
• Media, PR, Communication, Advertising experience a plus
We guarantee that your career with us will be varied and exciting. Every day in this fast paced environment presents a different challenge and if you work smart and are the best at what you do, your time here will produce endless possibilities for your future.
You will get our support in developing your skills at every step of your career journey with us. Your manager will help you create a tailored career path and through our in-house experts, and online performance management and learning and development tool, you will have access to a wide range of internal and external courses. In addition to this there are always plenty of internal sessions on the latest developments in the industry, e-learning courses, bite-size learning sessions and on the job training and development.
We aim to provide all of our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave. In addition to your annual holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Additional holiday for long service
- Group Income Protection (after 2 years’ service)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Early finish Fridays
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Wellbeing programme, including subsidised monthly massages
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Free breakfast
- Subsidised Café
- Free eye tests
- Regular Bar Night
- Retail discounts
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Ride2Work, GymFlex and many more!
HOW WE PROTECT YOU
The manner in which IPG Mediabrands processes your personal data is set out in the eRecruitment Privacy Notice. By submitting your data you are stating that you have read and understand how your personal information will be used and processed by IPG Mediabrands.
WHO WE ARE
We are IPG Mediabrands, a new world agency group designed with dynamic marketing at its core. We are 12,000 marketing communication, media and technology specialists in over 130 countries. We are a diverse group of innovators, technologists, designers, scientists, musicians, strategists, buyers, thinkers, planners and mathematicians that are committed to building new solutions for the world’s top brands.
The IPG Mediabrands EMEA umbrella includes agencies such as UM, Initiative, the Reprise Digital Network and its roster of speciality services including Orion, Rapport, MAGNA and Cadreon, plus many others. In EMEA we manage and invest over £3 billion for some of the largest companies and employ over 3,400 people across EMEA.
We are inclusive, entrepreneurial and adaptable.
We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunities employer and diversity and inclusion is at the heart of what we believe in. IPG Mediabrands are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications regardless of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief.