We have proposed an innovative model ‘Diageo Live’ to the client that combines the best of specialist skills but houses then in a single cross functional agency team to plan, create & execute experiential programmes:
- Geometry: Account Mgmt lead and creative
- REL: Staffing and logistics
- Collaborate: Production
This core team will sit in our Paddington office and will have access to specialist skills sourced from their parent agencies when required.
The Geometry Account Director is THE key lead for this team as they will drive the business forward and be the main client contact while we operationalise the business. They will also need to onboard key partners and team members ensuring workload is delivered across the core team both operationally and profitably.
The role requires an ability to effectively manage a cross functional team to ensure flawless delivery of all experiential output of the agency whether that is new creative concepts or simple execution of previously developed campaigns. Delivering on-time and on-budget will be a key aspect of the role.
As a pivotal player for the agency, the Account Director, will be the a key ‘go-to’ for support across all things experiential. They will be central to developing new initiatives, new business drives, ensuring creative standards are held high, and that the agency is run on profitable commercial foundations.
• Demonstrate a solid strategic and executional understanding of the client’s business and market.
• Understand the external influences on the client’s business and how the agency can add value.
• Develop and manage close working relationships with the client to ensure expectations and deliverables are achieved.
• Drive ‘Diageo Live’ forward and operationalise its offer ensuring that we always deliver.
• Be a key player in strategic discussions both on a day to day basis and whilst looking at the longer term. This will involve proactively looking ahead to seek solutions and opportunities to challenges.
• Ensure the effective interrogation of each brief takes place.
• Work effectively with Project Management to ensure that all projects are on time and on budget.
• To maintain responsibility and accountability for the financial health of the client’s business both from an agency and client perspective.
• Generate and continually strive for organic growth of the client business and effectively cross sell capabilities.
• Effectively manage a team and be a key motivator for all team members.
This role requires a professional, positive, and high-energy individual with great people skills. Someone who works hard but has fun with it! You will establish yourself as a safe pair of hands to get stuck in on a variety of projects with the view to nurture and grow your accounts.
We are looking for someone with a strong, demonstrable background in experiential / event management working with leading FMCG brands. Ideally this experience will extend to the alcohol space, however, we’re keen to talk to candidates with an obvious thirst to learn. A proven track record of work in the On Trade would be beneficial as would 3rd Space / Festival activations.
In addition to the above you will:
• Have strong experience in a similar agency environment at an Account Director level with a solid understanding of the required discipline while having a sense of how the various disciplines fit together.
• Have strong commercial awareness and proven experience in the management of finances across client projects.
• Have a passion for generating bright ideas and delivering work that sells.
• Be able to think beyond execution and to offer solutions rather than problems.
• Be able to remain calm under pressure whilst managing multiple projects, across multiple brands.
• Have excellent communication skills – understanding the importance attached to positive client relationships and demonstrating an engaging an open style of communication.
• Have excellent organisational skills and sharp on detail – working in a time efficient and organised manner and seeking to streamline processes where appropriate as well as prioritising effectively.
• Have good persuasive selling and negotiation skills, whilst ensuring best result for both agency and client.
• Have experience in managing, motivating and developing a small team.
• Be proactive – self-motivated with patience and able to exercise intuition.
• Strong affinity for understanding human behaviour and technology.
• Be naturally curious and constantly looking to learn from new information or experiences.
Aside from the usual holiday and pension allowances, you will have access to a whole host of other benefits and activities such as:
• Subsidised Restaurant and Free Fruit Mondays
• Big Deals Local Discount Card and Subsidised Tastecard
• Monthly Social Activities
• Well-being Programme
• Summer Fridays
• Onsite Subsidised Massages
• Reduced Gym Memberships
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Eye Care and Glasses Vouchers
• Childcare Vouchers
• Season Ticket Loans
• WPP Discounts
You will also have a clear long term career development plan through our quarterly ‘Career Conversations’ and access to our learning and development activities such as our Mentor Programme, Power Hours, Inspirational Speakers and online learning platforms.
You can also enter our quarterly ‘Pitch Your Passion’ competition for a chance to win up to £1,000. ‘Pitch Your Passion’ is a way for us to celebrate and support the wonderful talents, interests, entrepreneurship and creativity across our diverse workforce.
Geometry is a global brand experience agency operating in 56 markets around the world. We are WPP’s End to End Commerce Agency with expertise in physical retail, ecommerce, experiential, branding & design and consultancy. Geometry Global is a WPP company (NYSE: WPP).
For more information, visit www.geometry.com/uk