The Global eCommerce Associate Director at PHD Global will be a key member of the Global eCommerce team for a top FMCG client for which we provide search services globally as well as global communications planning through PHD Global.Though the FMCG client does not sell products directly to consumers on its websites (in most cases), we are helping guide their eCommerce strategy with global and local retailers as search is a key element of consumers’ online purchase process.
Our portion of the eCommerce strategy focuses on search, both on search engines itself for products as well as search on retailer’s sites and includes everything from establishing guidelines for paid search co-ops with key local partners to content guidelines and keyword research for brand managers to utilize when naming new products.
The eCommerce Associate Director will be part of an international team, with the Global Ecommerce Director based in London and ecommerce team members in New York. This role will report to the Head of eCommerce and be well integrated into all aspects of search marketing for the client. Importantly, this role will have dual responsibilities across the organic search/content aspects of eCommerce strategy and general search strategy for global client brand managers based locally. The role will have several direct reports so commercial, management and client experience is critical for success.
The individual will have insight into work being done for the client far beyond eCommerce and search, providing a valuable opportunity to see inside one of the biggest FMCG Company’s marketing campaigns and strategies globally.
This is an incredible opportunity for an individual with a strong eCommerce search background to work with a large global FMCG client committed to search as a driver of their business, and to join a one of the largest global media agencies doing award-winning work daily.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Support eCommerce Leadership
• Uncover/understand client objectives, challenges and needs in order to actively participate in long range strategic planning for client across both paid media in the eCommerce space, with a focus on content and SEO aspects of eCommerce optimization
• Work with vendors and internal resources at Resolution and the OMG network to further develop eCommerce product offerings
Deliver on eCommerce Scope of Work
• With your peers, ensure all deliverables within the eCommerce SOW in place with the client are completed across brands in all top tier markets
• Run workshops on eCommerce search across Europe
• Deliverables include but are not limited to:
o Global eCommerce strategy development at multiple levels: Overall, by category, by global brand, and by key local markets/brands/categories; specific contributions made by this individual will be around SEO and content
o Developing eCommerce education materials for use across the client’s global organization; presenting locally as needed
o eCommerce search optimization toolkit refinement
o eCommerce content recommendations (both type of content and specific content recommendations)
o eCommerce keyword research for select brands/locations/languages, or coordinating it
o Develop brand and category thought leadership, POVs and lead the change in eCommerce thinking.
o Using tools like ARA, Google Keyword Planner, and Clavis to drive category and brand-level insights
o Integrating eCommerce into the global holistic search strategies for the client’s top brands
o Additional initiatives as deemed necessary to further eCommerce within the client’s organization; proactivity and initiative are necessary!
Contribute to company culture
• Foster a culture which enables sharing, innovation and pro-activeness
• Support channel training to both Resolution Media teams and wider agency stakeholders
• 6+ years’ experience in eCommerce, paid search (PPC / Search Engine Marketing), and/or SEO/organic search at either a digital agency or client-side
• Have management consultancy experience
• Have worked at a pure play retailer
• Be a proactive self-starter
• Experience directly managing and executing on search projects, including content recommendations that fuel search campaigns (SEO and PPC)
• Ecommerce activation through Hooklogic, AMS, AMG and other retail players
• Enjoy educating clients about how optimizing search can drive eCommerce efforts
• Be ambitious, driven and passionate about all things eCommerce, with an excellent comprehension of how search serves as the backbone of online purchases
• Possess general knowledge of direct and brand marketing principles and strategies
• Have polished presentation, communication, and analytical skills
• Have an adaptive style in being able to communicate often technical ideas in simple terms
• Have strong organizational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at once
Opening Date: 14th November 2018
Closing Date: 12th December 2018
PHD Network is a global media company within Omnicom Media Group. The Group represents the combined media assets of full service media networks such as PHD as well as a number of speciality media communications companies. Its presence is across 80 countries throughout the world.