It’s our mission to keep our greatest assets, the people, happy and driven in their careers and this is where the HR team can work their magic!
We’re looking for an HR Assistant who is passionate about delivering the best work on a daily basis, who enjoys dealing with people and who is a team player. We're looking for someone with a proactive attitude, who is looking to build a career in HR and who demonstrates excellent time management and attention to details skills.
So, what will I be doing in this role?
• Manage new joiner process. This includes ensuring approval has been obtained internally and from Chime, preparing offer letters, requesting references, managing staff verification process, drawing up contracts, liaising with IT & office management, advising induction organisers of new joiners, assigning buddies and preparing a lovely ‘welcome’ bag!
• Co-ordinate freelancer information, including but not limited to finance sign off, contract durations, payment information and ensure confidentiality agreements are signed. Create and distribute all contracts and confidentiality agreements for freelancers and placement students including tracking end dates for freelancers and arranging contract extensions and paperwork if required
• Prepare and process variation to contract letters and associated documentation resulting from changes to an individual’s circumstances such as promotion/ transfer, changes to hours of work, changes to pension and healthcare membership, altered personal particulars, or termination of employment, progress with line manager when required
• Input and maintain employee data on the HRIS system, ensuring that HR, IT, Facilities, Finance and Payroll are kept up to date with all new joiners and leavers
• Report any permanent new joiners who hold a Visa to Fragomen who will track their visa so we are alerted in good time of visa expiration dates
• Manage leaver process, informing payroll of all leavers
• Maintain the HR records systems (Personnel files & Online people files) ensuring all employee information is treated professionally and confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act
• Audit of HR files as required
• Organise and ensure visa audit paperwork is on file and assist with visa applications and visa audit
• Monitor and book probation period meetings
• Assist the Head of HR & HR Managers as required and respond to ad hoc queries
• Manage own professional development within HR
• Ensure all duties are carried out in a manner which promotes VCCP’s Equality & Diversity policies
• Ensure that essential information of a sensitive or personal nature is not disclosed to or discussed with inappropriate persons
We would like you to have the following skills:
• A keen interest in building a career in HR
• Good level of Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to prioritise workload and deal with conflicting demands
• Proactive attitude
• Ability to build rapport and is able to quickly establish excellent working relationships
• Knowledge of using a HRIS system
• Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people
• Demonstrate ability to work in a pressurised environment, deal with confidential issues and to work on own initiative
The VCCP Partnership is an integrated communications agency, set up in 2002 by Charles (V), Rooney (C), Adrian (C) and Ian (P) who founded the agency on the principles of simplicity, collaboration, un-preciousness and integration around ideas rather than channels. Their founding client was BT Cellnet, now more commonly known as o2 and the most awarded brand in IPA effectiveness history.
Across the Partnership, we work with a broad spectrum of clients from O2 and comparethemarket.com to EasyJet, TfL, Dominoes and Cadburys on a multitude of briefs, from social, media or launch campaigns to DM and web build.