Your role and team
We need a hands on Interactive Design Director who is as comfortable presenting to CMO's as they are ingrained in the minutia of Experience Design with the rest of the team.
Our visual designers are makers and storytellers that combine design thinking and design doing to bring transformative ideas and experiences to life.
They’re visual fundamentalists, but approach projects with a clear rational and innovative mindset, crafting brand systems, compelling products and extending visual languages to bring brands to life.
ENGINE need a Design Director to steer the direction of key accounts, projects and initiatives. You are inspirational, a positive conductor, who will be in control of setting and maintaining the standard of craft as well as providing oversight and clear actionable visual direction.
This is not just a management role; you should be prepared to ‘lead by doing’ and actively balance a ‘hands on approach’ with ‘management’.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Visual Design Director at ENGINE, on any given day you might:
• Participate in and direct design research & synthesis activities (including but not limited to; Interview Planning & Facilitation, Workshop Planning & Facilitation, Competitor Review & Benchmarking, Trend Forecasting & Analysis, Design Strategy & Vision)
• Participate in and direct design concepting and ideation activities (including but not limited to; Idea, Concept, Proposition development, Co-creation Sessions Planning & Facilitation, Scamping & Sketching, Storyboarding, Prototyping, Art Direction, Design Direction)
• Participate in and direct detailed design and delivery activities (including but not limited to; Illustration, Iconography, Typography, Photography, Artworking & Retouching, Comping, Visual Identity Development & Design, Interface & Interactive Design, Design System Development & Design, Experiential & Environment Design, Campaign Visual Language Development & Design, Campaign Rollout (Digital, Social, Print, OOH), Data visualisation & Infographics, Prototyping, Documentation)
• You will be expected to demonstrate a range of different methods & outputs that illustrate your experience and skill in the above.
Who you are
• Has built and managed/knows what it takes to build a creative team that excels
• Has ample experience working with and presenting to clients at all levels
• Has outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills
• Can look at corporate brands from a fresh angle
• Vast design experience that covers brand design, interactive design and advertising and/or marketing
• Has an in-depth knowledge of brand design, human interface design, animation and motion design, illustration and photography and film.
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiversity traits.
This is an 8 month fixed term contract.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/
We know our people are our superpower, so at Engine you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Salary and package are dependant on experience.
Interactive Design Director
ENGINE; the new breed of creative communications company. You would be joining a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around client's needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.