About the IPA
The IPA is widely recognised as the world’s most influential professional institute for practitioners in advertising and marketing communications. It has a well-earned reputation for thought leadership, best practice and continuous professional development, as well as for providing core support and advisory services for our members.
The Marketing Department works with many of its 300 member agencies to provide thought leadership and content that results in large annual conferences, events and industry engagement
To run a number of programmes alongside the Associate Director, that focus around 3 key areas Talent – how to attract and retain the best talent, Commercial – how to do business better and Effectiveness how we deliver value. Key responsibilities will be working on the Commercial agenda.
Run a number of groups that bring together senior members from member agencies, on a regular basis to produce a number of key activities and events. This includes:
- Admin support for groups including arranging meetings, issuing agendas, attending meetings to take minutes and managing all outcomes including research projects, events and articles including:
Commercial Leadership Group
- Galvanising x12 agency CEOs to provide thought leadership content to be presented at annual Business Growth Conference
- Working with IPA events team on content for the day.
- Managing thought leadership content, written by our members and endorsed by ISBA. Including updates to the goodpitch site and a number of best practice guides.
- Share learning through IPA networker an on-line portal, including fulfilling social media content, podcasts and best practice hints and tips
- Supporting talent through community engagement ie mentoring sessions and annual networking events
Client Relationship Group
- Engaging group of senior account handlers to provide thought leadership and motivation events around the future of the discipline and any content that comes from that.
- Set up and manage an IPA network site to bring together account handlers within the IPA community to share best practice, content, podcasts etc
Finance Business Group
- To engage the finance community in the broader context of commercial business by shared learning, and training development including working with the procurement community.
- Manage the annual Advertising Unlocked event that encourages over 100 IPA member agencies to open their doors to school and college leavers, to provide an insight into our business as a future career choice.
- Manage the training and development of a marketing apprentice, who will be new to the industry and new to the department.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task coupled with good time-management and prioritisation skills.
- Work well within an internal and external team
- Project management experience, account handling experience. Preferably within an agency at account manager level.
- Deliver activities within budget and monitor spend
- Good written skills
- Experience in managing on-line social platforms, including content management systems, apps and working with new technologies.
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships at a senior level – internally and externally.
- Experience of and passion for the industry as well as knowledge of current issues within the industry.
- To be responsible for and manage a discipline specific (e.g. new business) on-line community platform to enable members to network, share knowledge, produce and post relevant content i.e. articles, presentations, video, podcasts etc. Writing, editing and proof reading as required. Inc New Business Goodpitch site.
- Review analytics to evolve the platform as a key tool to engage with members at a community level. Working with the IPA web and comms team to ensure continuity and cohesion of messaging.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels from senior agency heads to young start ups
- Good sense of humour; outgoing, team player
- Flexibility and calmness under pressure
- Can-do attitude
- Confident and self-motivated
- Excellent relationship management skills; ability to build strong, lasting relationships.
- Collaborative and sociable as the role requires liaising across various IPA departments (especially the web, PR, comms events, PD and insight teams) plus attending external events.
At the IPA, everyone is expected to work as part of a team. This may include covering other people’s work for short periods, contributing know-how and time to joint projects and helping other staff members with training and development.
Overall, you are expected to be flexible where necessary to meet the needs of the IPA. Accordingly, the precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time and you may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of your role.