Based in Meriden, Coventry (near the NEC and Resorts World)
Please note we are working remotely at present, however once government guidelines allow, we will be looking for staff to work onsite from our Covid secure offices.
An individual who will build the agency’s fame and reputation, support client engagement trhough timely, relevant content in appropriate channels, and attract and engage prospective clients in line with agency growth strategy.
• Experience in a similar marketing role – possibly in a marketing agency (if not, experience in a B2B service/consultancy environment would be great)
• Commercially minded
• Broad skillset for delivering marketing activity across on and offline channels.
• Strong project management skills – approximately 50% of the role will entail management of projects working with stakeholders and specialists across the agency
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint (required)
• Experience writing engaging and concise copy for a variety of channels
• A keen eye for design, with working knowledge of Photoshop & lnDesign
• Experience in media relations & implementation of PR strategy
• Experience in creating content for social media; online community management
• Experience analysing and reporting on content performance data
• Experience managing Umbraco CMS
• Confident presenter
• Good attention to detail
• Experience working closely with colleagues at all levels of the business
• Good project management skills
• Good research skills
• Organised, with excellent time-management
• Build the agency's fame and reputation.
• Support client engagement through timely, relevant content in appropriate channels
• Attract and engage prospective clients in line with agency growth strategy
• Manage and deliver our marketing plan across multiple channels to raise the agency’s profile
• Devise and deliver a content marketing plan. From thought leadership and industry comment to new news, our work and what’s going on in the team
• Manage the agency website including regular content updates, ongoing analysis and reporting, and recommendations for improving performance
• Manage our social media channels to get loads of great engagement, including content creation, analysis, reporting, and optimisation in line with agency strategy
• Plan and execute our email marketing activity to support business development, including targeting, segmentation, content, analysis & optimisation
• Help create impactful, engaging internal and external presentations (events, client meetings, etc) in support of the Growth team
• Manage our PR in line with the agency growth strategy. To include journalist engagement, writing press releases, new win announcements, thought leadership & industry comment, etc.
• Advise on/propose new technologies & platforms to support more effective engagement with our client/prospect/partner/candidate communities
• Support Growth team and client teams with the development of insights, tools, collateral and proposals to harness organic and new growth opportunities
• Project manage our Thought Leadership programme
• Monitor and report on competitor activity
• £ Competitive salary
• Employer pension contribution of 4%, plus 4% employee contribution
• Employee Life Assurance (4 x salary)
• 35 days' holiday (inclusive of BH's and Agency Christmas Closure) full-time equivalent
• One day each year (paid) for voluntary/charity work
• IPA member agency; plenty of access to industry-related tools and learning
• Health cashback plan
• Access to retail, travel, vehicle discounts
• Flexible working available (subject to eligibility)
• Various wellness initiatives
• Free onsite parking
This is who we are.
Brilliant people, working together to create brilliant results. We are an award-winning integrated marketing agency that’s bigger than the sum of its parts. Togetherness is our culture. It’s how we work with each other, and how we work with our clients, too. We want them to see us as an extension of their own teams, turning their complex problems into simple solutions. At Cogent, we create belief that changes behaviour.
Our vision is to create better people, better relationships, better work *yes, in that order. We value being kind, trustworthy, and smart. We are an IPA CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Gold Agency, which means we take our commitment to staff learning and development seriously and achieved Campaign’s Best 50 Company to work for 2020 – our staff love working here!. So, if this sounds like your cup of tea, then carry on reading…