Media Executive (Graduate level)
The tasks the individual would be expected to assist on are below but not limited to (training will be provided for certain areas):
• Supporting the account team in managing the agency’s portfolio, working directly with clients and advising them on media planning and buying strategy.
• Assist team in negotiation of, and manage delivery of, media owner deals/campaign deliveries.
• Manage compilation of key client reports including buying results, reports and market competitive reporting.
• Oversee preparation and presentation of material required for client and internal meetings
• Champion use of new and viable platforms and technologies to enhance planning and delivery.
• Use of tools/systems to complete daily requests/tasks for internal use or for external clients (training to be provided).
• Establish working relationships with media owners and other third parties
• Confidence, positivity and ability to present yourself amongst internal/external colleagues
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Relevant degree/qualifications within marketing and advertising space
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Great attention to detail, combined with great organisational skills
• High level of computer literacy, especially in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability and confidence to learn and apply new skills
• Previous working experience/internships across media agencies
• Knowledge or experience working amongst the children, young people and families space.
• Linguistic skills, fluent in additional languages
The position would be reporting directly to the Account Executive/Manager.
Company Benefits (following successful completion of a 3-month probation period)
• Performance related annual bonus
• Employee pension scheme
• Company Health and Life assurance policy
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Inclusion in externally accredited company training programme
• 20 days contractual annual leave
o Plus day off for birthday
o Additional bonus 3 days available for planning holiday in line with demands of the business
• Christmas- New Year office closure (on discretion)
• 5pm early closure on Fridays
• Summer Hours across July-August with 2pm finish on Fridays
• Summer away day for all team members
• Quarterly socials funded by the company
• Cycle to work scheme available to all employees
• Flexible working with 1 work from home day a month for Managers and above
• Annual season ticket loan (after 12 months employment)
• Access to fruit, snacks and breakfast on a daily basis
• On site games room with pool table, ping pong/XBOX games etc
Generation Media is a leading independent media agency, the number one specialist worldwide for communications to children young people, families and the entertainment sector. We offer our clients everything they would expect from a market leading media agency but in a unique package to suit their individual needs. We champion professionalism within our sector and wider media market, ensuring our clients business is given the care and attention required by supplier partners.
We focus on delivering the highest quality at the lowest cost, ensuring we have the right insight tools for the job and a true understanding of the audiences with which we are trading. Navigating our clients through the changing digital media landscape is key. Their success has contributed to our business growth and we act as an extension of our clients marketing teams, saving them both time and money.
As well as supporting client growth we have a proactive new business programme and benefit from positive word of mouth and client referrals which have contributed to success. We operate on a global level through our carefully selected agency partner network and centralised management from the UK office. We have recently opened our first German office as business is largely growing in this country, and the successful candidate will have an opportunity to be involved in the management of client briefs in this territory.
Our purpose is to generate our best for our customers, company and community. Every member of the team is steered by the strength of our “DNA” company culture (Development, eNergy and teAmwork). Their can-do attitude and thirst for a challenge is visible across the business and our continuous professional development programme is recognised by both Investors in People, Gold status, and the Institute of Practitioners, platinum awarded.
We are an equal opportunities employer who looks to recruit ambitious, talented, and self-starting individuals who wish to accelerate their career progression and make their mark within an independent company, to become part of the long-term future of the Business.
Working for Generation Media provides a unique opportunity with career development being directly linked to business growth.