The New Business Manager will be an integral support to both the CEO and the New Business Director in managing ongoing New Business and PR workload.
They will be focused on managing the reputation of TBWA to external parties, including potential clients, intermediaries, and industry contacts.
They will be full of energy, passionate about the work and the agency and very organised. They will work proactively and be a force behind helping to shape TBWA’s future.
They will also have great communication skills, working closely with the internal team and the agency at large.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The tasks in this role will include, but are not limited to:
1. New Business and PR admin
- Support on pitches
- Support on New Business strategy & prospecting tactics eg. planning and executing (virtual) events; getting in touch with new business opportunities (handling inbounds + writing outreach emails)
- Supporting in the collation and organisation of all TBWA New Business and PR assets including writing case studies, key campaign info, writing press releases together with our PR consultant, team experience, etc.
- Ensuring we have an organised and up-to-date ‘store cupboard’
2. Supporting with New Business and PR communications
- Keeping relevant internal and external channels updated with TBWA news and content. Including:
- Social channels (eg. writing posts for Twitter, LinkedIn & Co.)
- Our website
- Our agency profile on intermediary sites.
This will mean proactively planning content:
- Communicating with Client Teams/New Business Director to map out upcoming news and content to be leveraged in all channels
- Working with internal teams to also map out social activity each quarter based on the social channel plan
- Supplying relevant briefs and assets to our external PR consultant
3. Keeping on top of industry news, summarising key articles & sharing with the wider team, where relevant.
4. Supporting on preparation for New Business client leads:
- Meeting preparation, including room dressing and hosting, etc.
- Preparing backgrounders and pre-reads.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience:
- Must be open and excited about the advertising industry
- Must have good writing skills
- Must bring agile mindset (industry engagements change quickly)
- Must be comfortable and confident in Social Media.
- Must be organised in managing assets and resources available to them
- Must always communicate clearly and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be competent, responsive, and always deliver on time
- Must have total enthusiasm that they relay both internally and externally
- Must be willing to get stuck in and immerse themselves in the agency culture and work
- Must have brilliant attention to detail
- Private medical insurance
- Medical cash plan
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Discounted gym membership
- Bankside Buzz Card
- ... and more.
We are the Disruption Company
Disruption is our DNA. It's the philosophy that has powered TBWA globally for over 30 years. And it's still at the heart of everything we do in TBWA\London. It's our way of looking at the world and looking for a white space that can lead to innovation, impactful creative and ultimately help clients' businesses grow.
Our premise is that a business can never outperform a market by adhering to its conventions. Brands only achieve truly market-beating performance when they stop trading blows on minor points of difference and begin to work towards the future on their own terms, defining new market space.
Here in London, led by our leadership team Sara Tate (Chief Executive Officer), Andy Jex (Executive Creative Director) and Anna Vogt (Director of Strategy) we are able to offer all of our clients the spirit, pace and hunger of a start-up but with the security and experience of an established shop.
We have been building on TBWA’s foundation of Disruption by finding new ways to bring it to life in more channels than ever, in line with today’s media landscape.
We have a strong identity and talk a lot about having a pirate sprit.
By joining us, you’ll become part of a crew; all united behind one quote ‘Why join the navy when you could be a pirate’.
There are core values that come with that which are essential for a candidate to work here:
Challenging - we are independent thinkers, always looking for ways to disrupt the status quo for the better. Pirates play the game but don't always follow the rules.
Entrepreneurial - we are adaptable, flexible and always on the look out for creative or business opportunities.
Collective spirit - we build and improve our culture together as one crew and we are all guardians of the TBWA brand.
Above all, we believe in the power of creativity to drive transformational business-changing ideas, then communicating them in the most relevant and engaging channels.