The key role of the Planner is to ensure the successful brand positioning, strategy and communication planning for clients in their portfolio. The role requires an ability to effectively manage a heavy workload, and to contribute strongly to the strategic and creative development of client accounts.
- Inputs constructively to client campaign strategies, writing presentations where required.
- Defines consumer insights, targeting and segmentation strategies.
- Develops brand & product proposition, positioning & personality for clients.
- Challenges appropriately to fully understand the client brief as agreed by the Planning Director.
- Understands the client’s business, marketing and brand objectives and the issues that head up their agendas.
- Develops an understanding of consumer attitudes, motivations and behaviours from which new ideas can be generated for client brands.
- Ensures creative ideas are driven by integrated planning,and are on brand and deliverable.
- Works closely with creative teams to deliver client solutions and create breakthrough and award winning work.
- Seeks opportunities for creative teams to exploit different communication channels.
- Has a good understanding of all the agency’s tools & methodologies and how these can be used to assist our clients’ business.
- Understands the expectations, including required outputs, budgets and timelines for all projects you work on.
- Keeps the Planning Director informed of any delivery issues and offer solutions.
- Understands the importance of measuring the effectiveness of major campaigns and projects.
- Shares critical information with everyone involved in a project.
- Supports other team members to meet their deadlines.
- Understands and is able to leverage agency, network and WPP opportunities and capabilities.
- Continues to maintain, improve and broaden their professional knowledge required to be successful in their role.
- Commits to proactively attending internal and external seminars, networking events, courses etc.
- Have strong experience in a similar role within integrated agency model.
- Have strong experience working on FMCG clients including pharmaceuticals and restricted products
- Have experience working with Global markets
- Excellent knowledge of required discipline while having a good integrated awareness.
- Be able to speak the client’s language and translate those into opportunities.
Well proven strategic awareness and understanding.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent presentation skills (written and verbal), with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas with clarity and an ability to inspire.
- Good communication and people skills with a real desire to work as part of a collaborative Client/Agency/Regional team.
- Able to translated quantitative data and qualitative insight into strong strategic propositions and ideas.
- Able to reduce data and information down to simple action statements.
- Able to write compelling case studies and summaries of research and other data that prove communication effectiveness.
- Good persuasive selling and negotiation skills, whilst ensuring best result for both agency and client.
- Proactive – self-motivated with patience and able to exercise intuition.
Geometry is a global brand experience agency operating in 56 markets around the world. We help brands thrive in an omni-channel world by shaping and changing people’s behaviour at pivotal moments along the Purchase Decision Journey. Geometry has expertise in physical retail, ecommerce, experiential, branding & design and consultancy. Geometry Global is a WPP company (NYSE: WPP).
For more information, visit www.geometry.com/uk