About the role
- We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Creative Project Manager to join a small but critical team within the IPA Communications Department. You will help project manage a number of core IPA publishing and creative collateral projects.
- The role will suit someone who is able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in an environment that requires flexibility. You will need strong organisational and problem solving abilities along with excellent communications skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Working under the direction of the Head of Communications you will be the focal point for the development of IPA publications and creative collateral.
- This involves project-managing aspects of our annual corporate communication’s publishing programme along with working up other publishing briefs as required.
- This will include ISBN number registration and logging hard copies with the British Library and managing our shop front on Amazon.
- You will also be the point of contact for third party permission requests. This can occasionally involve requests for translations or sourcing IPA published material.
- Responsible for IPA publications and stock control along with fulfilment of our publication orders via our website and e-commerce sites.
- ISBN number registration and logging hard copies with the British Library.
- Managing our shop front on Amazon.
- Liaise with external designers, editors and photographers.
- Proofing the production of all creative materials.
- Sourcing materials such as shots from photo libraries.
- Putting project schedules together.
- Manage given budgets.
- Project management.
- Time management.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Excellent proof reading skills.
- Excellent understanding of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to cope with professional pressures and deadlines – a team player.
- A strong desire to build on your existing experience.
- A knowledge of the design and production process is desirable.
- Ability to take and interpret creative briefs.
- Some experience of working in design agency / publishing house.
- Familiarity with uploading and creating a ‘shop window’ with e-commerce sites.
- You must be able to communicate effectively with many stakeholders, be proactive and a self-starter with a keen eye for detail. You work well in a team environment and you are able to take direction and support.
- You’ll be working creatively in a (sometimes) pressurised environment with multiple priorities – and this won’t phase you at all.
The IPA is widely recognised as the world’s most influential professional institute for practitioners in advertising and marketing communications. It has a well-earned reputation for thought leadership, best practice and continuous professional development, as well as for providing core support and advisory services for our members.