The IPA Effectiveness initiative is a year round programme which encourages and promotes evidence-based decision-making and a marketing effectiveness culture in clients and agencies. It culminates in an annual Effectiveness Week IPA EffWorks Global each October, during which the IPA Effectiveness Awards are hosted every other year.
The Project Manager for the IPA Effectiveness Programme leads the project management, promotion and delivery of the IPA Effectiveness Awards, as well as the new IPA Effectiveness Accreditation programme. and their respective content outputs.
The biennial IPA Effectiveness Awards has a two-year planning cycle and is overseen by the IPA Awards Board. It is the most rigorous advertising effectiveness competition in the world and has a reputation to uphold and protect. The IPA Effectiveness Accreditation takes place in the alternate years to the Awards, and recognises agencies who have embedded effectiveness into their day to day practices.
This role reports to the Director of Marketing Strategy. The marketing strategy team is responsible for helping to prepare the climate for our members to flourish and grow – through sharing the industry’s collective intelligence and creativity. Amongst its key activities include the deployment of the IPA pillar strategy (Effectiveness, Commercial and Talent) and marketing the industry and IPA widely.
IPA Effectiveness Awards
- Overseeing all aspects of the successful production of the IPA awards from launch to the ceremony, and the creation of thought-leadership and best practice content with the winning case studies.
- Managing senior external relationships, in particular working closely with the Convenor and Deputy Convenor of Judges to agree strategic elements of the awards programme, and to recruit three panels of judges.
- Overseeing all aspects of the entry process including - entry packs, online entry systems, web copy, coordinating entries, proofing summaries of papers and proofing papers.
- Marketing the awards, by coordinating marketing materials, maintaining contact databases, researching and databasing potential entrants and sending out mailings as and when required.
- Overseeing all aspects of the judging process for IPA awards scheme including approaching and liasing with judges, inputting scores, compiling shortlisted results, before, on and after the judging day(s).
- Overseeing the production of award winners’ materials including credit checking on items including trophies, certificates, and on-screen, Winners Supplements, and publications including the Advertising Works hard back publication.
- Working with the Events team to ensure the successful marketing and production of the Awards ceremony.
IPA Effectiveness Accreditation
- Project managing the accreditation programme from launch, through to judging and the announcement of the accredited agencies during our effectiveness week, IPA EffWorks Global.
- Key liaison point for entrant agencies and judges, supporting them through the process.
- Marketing the new accreditation programme, and responsible for the delivery of content which celebrates accredited agencies.
- Administrative responsibility for senior industry boards, such as the Awards Board and the Effectiveness Leadership Group, writing and circulating minutes.
- Assisting with all Effectiveness events, including IPA EffWorks Global.
- Support the IPA on on Effectiveness thought-leadership projects.
- Writing promotional copy for marketing online, in advertising, DM and liaising with PR colleagues on press releases/content for IPA Newsletters.
- Receiving, generating and managing invoices as required.
- Liaising with existing and new suppliers.
- Proven project management and/or events management experience.
- Excellent time management, and the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Very attentive to detail.
- The ability to multi-task successfully.
- Adaptable approach and a natural problem-solver.
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships at a senior level externally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of and passion for the advertising industry as well as knowledge of current issues within the industry is beneficial.
- A cheery, flexible and helpful personality is essential for this role.
- Collaborative, and confident in working across departments at the IPA, and with external agencies, clients and suppliers.
- Self-starter. Experienced at using initiative and driving work forward autonomously.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of CRM systems desirable.
The IPA is the UK’s professional trade body for practitioners in advertising and marketing communications. We help the people working in our members’ advertising agencies: the ‘practitioners in advertising’.
Please note: At the IPA, everyone is expected to work as part of a team. This may include covering other people’s work for short periods, contributing know-how and time to joint projects and helping other staff members with training and development. Overall, you are expected to be flexible where necessary to meet the needs of the IPA. Accordingly, the precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time and you may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of your role.