We are looking for a React/Gatsby Developer to develop single-page applications or statically generated front ends for Drupal CMS projects taking an API first approach. The scale of the projects ranges across our midsize to enterprise clients including well-known brands such as WaterAid, National Grid, National Youth Theatre, University of Central Lancashire, Stagecoach Bus, and Wave Utilities.
You’ll be working in a dedicated build squad and working remotely - so being a self-starter and highly motivated with an expert level understanding of your disciplines is essential.
The React/Gatsby Developer will be responsible for developing key functionality within larger projects or leading smaller projects. Your expertise will be mainly frontend development, styling, components, state management and hooking up API to consume web services such as JSON from Drupal. However, a broader understanding of the end to end stack is desirable to support the wider team in producing appropriate and effective solutions.
React/Gatsby Developer responsibilities and duties
- Leading the squad by example for coding standards/practice and attention to detail in your own discipline, you will support the Technical Lead in driving and maintaining high standards of technical development, communication, and behaviour across the team.
- Producing high-quality solutions that are faithful to designs and help clients achieve their goals.
- Contribute to the scoping, planning, and documentation of projects.
- Motivate, inspire and junior members and peers in your area of expertise.
- Manage design systems working closely with creative/UX team members and client stakeholders.
- Communicate technical solutions at an appropriate level, for mixed audiences, including clients.
React/Gatsby Developer qualifications and skills
- 5+ years on-the-job experience of commercial web development using JS/CSS.
- 4+ years experience working as a specialist with React or Gatsby on headless builds.
- 4+ years experience with Git and team workflows.
- Ability to produce and review high quality, clean code.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Comfortable being a principal for your area in the stack (you will have a counterpart Frontend/Backend specialists in your team).
Desirable Skills and experience
- React, VueJS, React, Node.js or JS certification.
- Experience with Cypress for automated browser testing
- Broader experience (or the desire) of working with frameworks Drupal.
- Interest or expertise in Tailwind, Typescript, Webpack & styled components.
- A Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree, or a relevant apprenticeship qualification.
Our Tech Stack
At Access we are a Drupal first agency, however, we are keen on innovation and using the right tools for the right job. As such, you may be asked to work with JS frameworks such as React or Vue or PHP frameworks such as Symphony or Larvel. We also know how important DevOps and business tools are for a productive and happy agency. A new project would typically use a Tech Stack like the below:
- PHP, JS, HTML, CSS
- Drupal / React / Gatsby
- PhpStorm / Visual Studio Code
- Jira / Confluence
Being Genuinely Effective.
We are committed to helping our clients by ‘making it easy’ for organisations to deliver exceptional customer experiences by being genuine, honest and supportive in our approach whilst being highly effective in the solutions we provide.
We have three core areas to our service offering; Insight & Strategy, Experience & Engagement and Technology & Support. For some clients we are full-service, and others use us to support specific areas of their customer experience.
As one of only 20 Acquia Preferred Partners in Northern Europe we deliver Digital Experience solutions to some of the world’s leading organisations.
Working environment and culture
Our team is distributed, combining fully remote, office based from Manchester, or a hybrid of both. This was prior to COVID-19 and will continue in the future.
Our head office is situated in Old Trafford, Manchester (overlooking Manchester United’s Stadium), just a few stops on the MetroLink from Piccadilly train station. For those traveling by road, we provide free secure car parking and cycle storage.
We have created a working space that has adapted to onsite and remote team and client working. Open plan areas and breakout rooms means our strategic, creative and technical teams can organise and arrange themselves to how they work best.
We provide an inclusive, flexible and transparent environment and approach to work. We pride ourselves on teamwork, collaborations and supporting each other – our low staff turnover and high retention rates support this claim. We are committed to professional and personal development, including training, regular one to ones, quarterly reviews and 360 feedback.
We offer a competitive salary, dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we provide a range of benefits, perks and opportunities to provide a rewarding package.
Perks and benefits of working for Access
- Working from home equipment budget
- Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Peer to peer bonus and recognition scheme
- Choose your own computer and equipment
- Training and personal development fund
- Conference and networking support and funding
- Flexible hours (within core working hours)
- Tax free childcare vouchers
- Additional maternity, paternity and sick leave support
- 24 days holiday (up to 29 days with additional loyalty holiday entitlement)
… and your birthday day off!
- Paid and subsidised social events
And when we’re in the office...
- Free fruit and healthy (and the occasional not so healthy) snacks
- Free secure car parking
- Free indoor secure bike store
- Free and subsidised onsite fitness and wellbeing classes
- Showers and lockers
- Tax free bike scheme