The opportunity to join a vibrant, busy, Research Department working on all aspects of the TouchPoints Survey. TouchPoints is the IPA's consumer centric, cross-media data set, which is produced on an annual basis. We are a small team and need to expand to meet the challenge of providing the data to over 70 subscribers.
The wider opportunity is to work for a successful and innovative trade body which represents over 300 members in our fast moving and evolving advertising industry.
Working with the Research & Marketing Manager on all aspects of delivering and developing the IPA TouchPoints Initiative. The day to day role involves analysis of TouchPoints data to help encourage subscribers to understand more about the potential uses of the data along with presentation of findings. Responsibilities include:
• Analysis of the TouchPoints dataset using Telmar, DayLite and Excel.
• Analysis of industry currency data to support production of the Channel Planner
• Preparation and delivery of presentations to agency and media owner subscribers
• Working with the Research and Marketing Manager to deliver marketing materials and communications for TouchPoints in-line with the marketing strategy
• Working with the Research and Marketing Manager to assist in the delivery of the TouchPoints Champions Initiative.
• Working with the IPA Insight team to assist in creating the InTouch reports
• Co-ordinating the narrative of TouchPoints email signatures and briefing the IPA Graphic Designer for infographics
• Meeting with TouchPoints subscribers to provide training presentations and to understand how they are using the TouchPoints data
• Maintenance of TouchPoints website, communications and social media presence, along with assisting in writing PR and marketing pieces for TouchPoints
• Assisting in the development of new analysis tools for TouchPoints, including scoping projects and working to understand user needs.
• Preparation and co-ordination of regular TouchPoints subscriber newsletters
• Liaising with the IPA legal department to ensure copyright compliance in TouchPoints communication and marketing materials
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
• A good understanding of marketing and communications with a desire to learn more
• Able to analyse data and create a story
• Good presentation skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good people and time management skills
• Team worker with excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience using Excel and PowerPoint
The IPA is widely recognised as the world’s most influential professional institute for practitioners in advertising and marketing communications. It has a well-earned reputation for thought leadership, best practice and continuous professional development, as well as for providing core support and advisory services for our members.