This is an opportunity to make your mark on two leading household brands - Andrex and Kleenex, to essentially affect how consumers in the UK shop the brands and steer how we retail the premium brands in a continuous challenging marketplace.
You will be a part of a dynamic & energetic team who takes to heart their client's business needs to deliver effective strategic & creative shopper solutions that make a difference. Our success is a badge we wear proudly, and we look forward to growing the team with a like-minded individual who brings a fresh perspective and a hunger for learning & excitement.
The Senior Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for managing an account effectively and profitably by planning for and organizing all areas relevant to development and execution of projects. This includes ensuring the smooth day to day running of the account and ensuring great creative ideas are executed professionally and deployed successfully through the brand key markets.
If the Account Director is unavailable the AM should be able to manage any issues unsupervised and inspire confidence in the Client/s that they can do so. The SAM will also be responsible for managing one Account Executive.
Client / Inter-Agency Relationships
• Developing effective relationships with the key stakeholders on the client account, ensuring regular client contact and maintaining professional relationships with all levels that you are exposed to.
• Was leading and managing mid-size projects independently with clients and internal teams in their previous role
• Be able to diplomatically challenge the client and the agency hubs with reasoned arguments and thinking.
• Be an efficient, respected and reliable “interface” between agencies’ teams at all levels of the global network.
• Actively foster respectful, productive and supportive working relationships at all levels within the organisation.
• Follow the agency processes to ensure jobs are successfully managed.
• Ensure effective briefs are created and signed off by the client and relevant teams are effectively briefed.
• Work closely with Creative Services and other internal partners to ensure timescales/budgets are met on all jobs.
• Maintaining a solid financial process ensuring efficient utilisation of time across departments.
• Demonstrate cost awareness on jobs being managed and raise any concerns to line manager.
• Ideally, we would like a SAM who is familiar with UK grocery retail environment and has good knowledge of retailers and how they operate
• Experience in shopper marketing, shopper media planning and knowledge of retailers’ media agency partners – Dunhumby, Nectar, GiG and Amazon would be a bonus
• Have a strong understanding of the Client’s business and how it operates and be able to gather information effectively and quickly in support of the factual detail of each brief.
• Keep up to date competitive reviews, both executional and strategic.
Innovation and Technology
• Have a strong understanding of existing innovations and technologies in the market.
• Continue to drive new partnerships and relationships for The Flagship in order to better our creative response to clients.
• Be the go-to person in the agency for information / market knowledge of technology.
• Drive innovation across all of the briefs that come into the digital team
In return, you will have the opportunity to progress your planning career in a supportive agency environment, surrounded by some very talented and inspiring people.
You are a passionate individual who approaches all tasks in a wholehearted and enthusiastic manner. You demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness at every turn and a real ‘can-do’ attitude. You strive to achieve excellence in everything that you do, and the following characteristics align with your values and career goals.
Discoverer: You are a rigorous and curious investigator of an ever-changing world who sees opportunities everywhere and takes bold risks in the pursuit of discovery.
Inventor: You are a creator of solutions that gives us and our clients the winning edge. You are not happy with the status quo and are never afraid of trying something new whilst learning quickly from your mistakes.
Creative: You understand the power of ideas to transform, and you believe everyone is creative and has the freedom to be creative.
Entrepreneur: You treat it as your own business and are focused on operational excellence and delivery of results. You exploit horizontally and opportunities within the wider network.
Leaders of Change: You are confidently influential and take responsibility and ownership for your actions. You embrace and champion change.
Citizen: You do the right thing, treat others with respect and understand that you are stronger as a collaborative team.
In addition to the above you also have the following skills, competencies and experience
• Proven experience in a Senior Account Manager level in a similar environment.
• Strengths in shopper marketing, managing comms development across the consumer purchase journey in store and in eComm
• An understanding of the retail landscape within the UK, specifically within TEGs (Top End Grocers)
• Understanding of brand growth strategies, i.e. acquisition and retention.
• Experience of developing an account and growing the business.
• Passion for generating bright ideas and delivering work that sells.
• Ability to think beyond execution and to offer solutions rather than problems.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure whilst managing multiple projects.
• Excellent communication skills – understands the importance attached to positive client relationships and demonstrates an engaging an open style of communication.
• Experience and success establishing and maintaining effective working relations with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organisational skills – works in a time efficient and organised manner and seeks to streamline processes where appropriate as well as priorities effectively.
Aside from the usual holiday and pension allowances, you will have access to a whole host of other benefits and activities such as:
• LifeWorks our lifestyle benefits and employee assistance platform aimed at helping you feel supported mentally, financially, physically and emotionally (and you can get access to discounts with the likes of Topshop, Lululemon, Starbucks, iTunes, Nespresso, John Lewis and asos).
• Our annual Well-being Programme filled with different activities and resources helping you to feel happy, healthy and supported in and out of the workplace.
• Help@Hand a mobile app that will give you and your immediate family access to a Virtual GP, Second Medical Opinions, Physiotherapy and Mental Health Support, all free of charge.
• Annual Flu Jabs
• Summer Fridays giving you flexibility to enjoy long weekends during those summer months.
• Geometreats to recognise someone or a team that has gone the extra mile.
• Reduced Gym Memberships to a variety of gyms across London.
• Cycle to Work Scheme saving you between 20-40% on a new bike.
• Eye Care and Glasses Vouchers.
• As an employee of WPP group you will have access to a number of WPP Discounts.
You will also have a clear long-term career development plan through our quarterly ‘Career Conversations’ and access to our learning and development activities such as our Mentor Programme, Power Hours, Inspirational Speakers and online learning platforms.
You can also enter our quarterly ‘Pitch Your Passion’ competition for a chance to win up to £1,000. ‘Pitch Your Passion’ is a way for us to celebrate and support the wonderful talents, interests, entrepreneurship and creativity across our diverse workforce.
VMLY&R Commerce is WPP’s newest end-to-end Creative Commerce Company. Built on the commerce expertise of Geometry and scaled through VMLY&R’s connected brand promise, we help modern brands grow by unifying marketing strategies around commerce.
We believe the space of commerce holds the most untapped creative potential to grow brands and people. Living CommerceTM is our proprietary approach and platform that guides how we work. By understanding how, when and why people buy, we deliver the most engaging and culturally relevant creative commerce experiences across Retail, Experience, Design and Innovation. We do this as part of a network of 11,000 specialists across 80 countries, everywhere life intersects with commerce—this is end-to-end.
(NYSE: WPP) www.vmlyrcommerce.com