Are you an experienced medical writer looking for a new challenge?
If so, we want to hear from you.
We are a growing healthcare communications agency looking to expand our team. You would be joining our mission of making a positive difference in people’s lives. At Cuttsy+Cuttsy people are the main focus of everything we do; from patients through to our own team.
You will develop engaging copy for a range of medical communications materials, platforms and audiences. Projects will be varied - one day you may be working on patient communications to support them with their chronic disease, the next, you may be preparing communications to help doctors make a treatment decision based on scientific evidence.
The variety will require you to adapt your writing style depending on the project needs. As a writer, you will be experienced in placing yourself in the shoes of your audience, and this could not be more important in the role here at Cuttsy+Cuttsy.
The role will be supported by the Scientific Team Leader however you will find yourself working alongside team members in Strategy, Design and Account Management.
• Research, write and reference copy to high scientific and grammatical
• Write in a range of styles depending on the communication purpose and
• Research therapy areas including their market environment, target
audience and current news/developments
• Present content to colleagues and clients at all levels
• Provide guidance and scientific direction for creative designs and input
into concept development as appropriate
• Understand the need for compliance and know the ABPI (Association of
the British Pharmaceutical Industry) code and how to apply the rules in
• Be able to use content review management platforms such as Veeva
Vault and Zinc
• Travel to and attend client presentations and projects where necessary
(occasionally international travel may be required)
• Degree level or higher in a biomedical science
• A minimum of 2–3 years’ medical writing experience
• Highly motivated to create medical writing which makes a positive
• Passionate about learning, developing and improving your skills
• Have an exceptional eye for detail and experience of proofreading
• Able to work at pace but with great accuracy
• Have excellent organisational skills and time management
• Effective teamwork skills
• Good Microsoft Office skills
We offer competitive packages including pension, private healthcare for you and your family, as well as investment in your own professional development (and free trainers!). Flexible working is an option for all our team members.
We are an award-winning healthcare communications agency where people matter. We help our clients communicate with patients, healthcare professionals and their organisations. We also care about our team and have twice won the workingmums.co.uk award for the best SME, as well as winning the IPA Platinum award (and the IPA's Gold award three years in a row prior to this) for our investment in our team's professional development.
If you are looking for a change and want to join a company which wins awards for its culture and its investment in people, let’s talk…