We’re looking for a Traffic and Production Manager to join our creative communications Agency based in Cardiff.About the role.
Reporting to the Head of Production, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that all our creative and production assets are created to the expected quality, time and price. The Production team is a small but highly effective hub within the full service agency. They take great pride in leading Golley Slater’s world class production so we can punch above our weight, both here in Wales, and on a national and international stage.
As the Traffic & Production Manager you’ll have significant responsibility in a highly productive team, managing internal creative resources, trafficking workflow and managing external suppliers.
This is a wide-ranging and varied role that will see you getting involved in every aspect of internal creative production and external supplier management. You’ll take a proactive approach to managing stakeholder requirements and you’ll help our client teams to deliver a right first time service to our clients.
You will effectively manage day-to-day internal teams and other third-party relationships, to deliver creative and production requirements for all the agencies’ clients.This position will be exciting, fast-paced and varied – so you will need to be able to turn your hand to a number of activities. Although not an exhaustive list, these responsibilities will include:
Creative Service Management
• Ensure the effective delivery of creative assets against a creative brief.
• Oversee and coordinate subject matter experts across creative services, from content, design, digital, film and production collateral.
• Manage a wide range of campaigns and creative projects, effectively delivering to creative and production briefs and on time and managing services levels.
• Attend weekly meetings with Head of Production to provide clear visibility of all WIP across the teams.
• Push back on briefs where appropriate, and challenge expectations whilst ensuring that all stakeholders are satisfied.
• Recommend and implement new tools and practices to better the overall creative and production process.
Scheduling & Traffic
• Ensure the smooth running and timely delivery of creative projects within the creative communications business.
• Responsible for scheduling the creative workload to ensure all teams have sufficient resource and to ensure project deadlines are met.
• Attend and contribute towards scheduling meeting and support daily trafficking of workflow through the Agency.
• Coordinate the flow of collateral and production work, keeping relevant team members on track to project deadlines.
• Manage allocated projection projects i.e. press, print, digital, radio, bespoke whilst dealing with internal resource and external suppliers. Delivering effective solutions to deadline, quality and
• Briefing new production projects, ensuring that expectations are aligned, costings are prepared within allocated budget and ownership of project critical paths to manage internal expectations and
• Responsible for hiring and managing freelancers when extra resource is required.
About you – Knowledge, skills and experience
You must have experience in:
• Managing day-to-day progress of briefs through the creative teams.
• Delivering timely and effective production of creative assets.
• Analysis and reporting for workload planning and team charge-ability.
• Developing and delivering effective creative team work schedules and traffic.
• Improving efficiency of creative resource.
• Managing internal account teams, creative teams and stakeholders.
• Working in a very busy team with a challenging workload.
• Strong understanding of current production trends.
• Highly organised, project management and planning.
You will ideally have:
• Highly organised, with strong project management skills and the ability to challenge expectations and drive a team to meet project deadlines.
• Strongly detail orientated with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Motivated and energetic with a ‘can-do’ attitude and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• A great communicator and team player, able to engage positively with colleagues of all levels and influence relevant stakeholders.
• Confident in your numerical and mathematical skills.
• Able to draw conclusions from data and present patterns to internal stakeholders.
• Commitment to continued learning in production
• Ability to confidently advise internal stakeholders on best practice production delivery against their objectives.
• Excellent prioritisation, workload planning and a willingness to innovate.
• Collaborative approach with all internal teams and stakeholders.
• Proactive mindset that stays one step of required actions.If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
To apply for this role, please visit our careers site and apply directly:
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Cycle to work scheme
Eye care scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Birthday day off
Employee referral scheme
Enhanced sick pay
Established in 1957, wholly independent top 20 Agency with Group billings of £90 million. As a Group, we have a strong network of offices located across the UK employing over 260 people. Our success is a result of sustained client relationships based upon long-term, successful campaigns and marketing solutions that increase our client sales overnight and their brands over time.