We are looking for a UX Architect / Designer to join our agency team of strategists, designers and developers working on projects that require increasingly higher levels of UX research, design and testing. You’ll get to apply your specialist skills to a range of digital projects, products and campaigns for varied clients including well known organisations such as WaterAid, BAFTA, Edrington Distillers (The Macallan and The Famous Grouse Scotch Whisky), S C Johnson Professional, The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund, Avant Homes and Wave Utilities.
The UX Architect/Designer will take an insight and evidence-based approach to plan and design for the customer journey, incorporating; process and user flows, information architecture, interaction design, and prototyping and testing.
Passionate about effective, accessible and usable design, you’ll collaborate with researchers and analysts, visual designers and developers to ensure understanding and empathy for the end user is carried through prototypes, visual design and into production.
Location: We are operating a hybrid solution for all of our future recruitment, with the ability to work remotely or office based (in Manchester) or a combination of both. There will be a requirement to attend the office for a limited number of days a month once restrictions are lifted to enjoy team working days.
UX Architect/Designer responsibilities and duties
- Planning and designing information architecture relating to structure, hierarchies and navigation
- Interaction design; customer journey maps, personas, scenarios, process and paths, user task flows, layouts and user interface
- Design and produce wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Conduct/support usability testing and feedback on prototypes
- Use research and insights to inform your recommendations and decisions
- Supporting the analysis and appraisal of existing digital products
- Effectively communicate ideas, recommendations and decisions to both internal and client team members
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of discovery workshops
- Collaborate with visual/UI designers to ensure aesthetic elements such as typography, branding and imagery is successfully incorporated
- Keep abreast of UX industry trends, methodologies, technology and tools
UX Architect/Designer experience and skills
- Ideally four years’ commercial digital UX experience
- Proficient in one or more wireframing and prototyping software tools (Axure, Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, ProtoPie etc).
- A passion for user-centered design with the ability to solve complex problems
- Self-motivated and capable of working across multiple projects, within a multi-disciplinary team
- Good communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of accessibility and usability standards
- Knowledge of coding approaches for websites, and apps (coding is not expected in this role)
- Knowledge of SEO metrics related to user experience
- Knowledge of CRO and design experimentation principles.
We offer a competitive salary, dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we provide a range of benefits, perks and opportunities to provide a rewarding package.
Perks and benefits of working for Access
- Working from home equipment budget
- Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Peer to peer bonus and recognition scheme
- Choose your own computer and equipment
- Training and personal development fund
- Conference and networking support and funding
- Flexible hours (within core working hours)
- Tax free childcare vouchers
- Additional maternity, paternity and sick leave support
- 24 days holiday (up to 29 days with additional loyalty holiday entitlement)
… and your birthday day off!
- Paid and subsidised social events
And when we’re in the office...
- Free fruit and healthy (and the occasional not so healthy) snacks
- Free secure car parking
- Free indoor secure bike store
- Free and subsidised onsite fitness and wellbeing classes
- Showers and lockers
- Tax free bike scheme