The Web & Database Support Executive role provides support to both our (external) members and internal staff for a range of digital platforms.
The IPA is widely recognised as the world’s most influential professional body for practitioners in advertising and marketing communications. The IPA website provides important tools and useful content for members.
The Web & Database Support Executive role will provide support for the main ipa.co.uk (plus several other smaller satellite web sites) and CRM system. This will include managing the web support ticketing system, making technical changes to website and assisting with content loading. The role will also update and maintain CRM platform, providing support to the CRM Manager. The role will also provide some coverage for IT Support but applicants are not expected to know about IT systems and training will be provided appropriate to the level of IT support required.
The role offers the opportunity to learn Umbraco CMS development and Microsoft Dynamics, both in demand industry skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
• Use CRM to update member details, set permissions.
• Use the web support help desk to manage and resolve web queries
• Provide administrative support to team, including arranging meetings, note-taking, etc.
• Log web queries with external support and follow them through to resolve
• Provide web analytics as required by other parts of the organisation
• Help update website content, source images and other assets
• Help with internal training (either in person, or through written user guides and training videos)
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to use own initiative
• The ability to multitask and work to deadlines
Technology Skills & Experience
• Customer service/enquiry handling required
• A practical knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Experience in using CMS - Umbraco and WordPress experience an advantage
• Familiar with Google Analytics, able to build reports and dashboards
• Familiar with CRM (Microsoft Dynamics an advantage)
• Good personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
• Calm and effective under pressure
• Work well in team and able to take direction and provide support
• Has an interest in web/digital technology, aware of trends and contemporary best practice
• Pro-active in finding solutions
It should be noted that everyone at the IPA is expected to work as part of a team. This may include covering other people’s work for short periods, contributing know-how and time to joint projects, and helping other staff members with training and development. Overall, you are expected to be flexible where necessary to meet the needs of the IPA. Accordingly, the precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time and you may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of your role.
The IPA is widely recognised as the world’s most influential professional institute for practitioners in advertising and marketing communications. It has a well-earned reputation for thought leadership, best practice and continuous professional development, as well as for providing core support and advisory services for our members.