About the role
The IPA is looking for a web developer to take forward and develop our new IPA website.
The IPA site is built on Umbraco and closely integrated with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM. We are looking for a developer with experience to extend the website, this will include developing new areas of the site using the information held on the CRM about our members to provide a personalised online experience.
We are seeking a motivated frontend developer who can provide extensive Umbraco. Web development experience having worked in the Microsoft ASP.NET, C#, MVC, SQL server and visual studio environments.
We are looking for someone with a desire to understand what the IPA does and its ambitions. We are looking for someone who will have a pro-active approach to finding solutions, coming forward with ideas.
The position holder will
- Have experience in a similar role (minimum of 2 years commercial experience).
- Excellent knowledge of Umbraco CMS.
- Knowledge of back-end technologies; ASP.Net, C# and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Firm understanding of what makes a good online user experience (UX).
- Be confident and articulate with good communication skills.
- Good organisational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Leading on the development of the IPA website.
- Understanding the business requirements and goals – working with stakeholders, helping to analyse the requirements.
- Front end design work and integration with CRM.
- Liaising with solution providers and software vendors.
- Creating estimates for work and managing timelines.
- Test plans. technical maintenance of site.
- Umbraco CMS
- C#.net, asp.net (3.5/4.0)
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, etc.
- Experienced in development of. NET Content Managed (CMS) Websites
- Web services, AJAX techniques
- HTML 5 and CSS 3
- Familiarity with GIT, JIRA and other development support tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 (SDK, Developer toolkit, workflows and integration development) an advantage.
- Good Written and verbal communication skills.
The IPA is widely recognised as the world’s most influential professional institute for practitioners in advertising and marketing communications. It has a well-earned reputation for thought leadership, best practice and continuous professional development, as well as for providing core support and advisory services for our members.