We’re looking for a Web Analyst / Data Analyst to support our customer experience and digital optimisation activity across websites, ecommerce, customer portals, and digital marketing channels.
You’ll be part of an energetic and collaborative team that are doing great things with ambitious clients across diverse sectors. including some well-known brands; WaterAid, BAFTA, The Macallan and Famous Grouse, S C Johnson, National Grid, National Youth Theatre, University of Central Lancashire, Stagecoach Bus and Wave Utilities, to name a few.
Collaborating with all service areas of the agency – strategy, UX, design, and development – you’ll interpret and analyse available data to challenge, inform, and drive us to continually improve our evidence-based approaches.
You’ll need to be self-motivated and ready to make an immediate impact, so at least a couple of years' experience in a similar role is expected.
This position is open to both fully remote applicants or those wanting a hybrid of flexible working including from our Manchester office.
Role & Responsibilities
- Evaluating and implementing software and processes to adequately gather data and benchmark metrics across our portfolio of clients
- Analyse customer journeys and behaviour and identify opportunities for tests and design experiments
- Support product owners and UX Researchers / Designers through project discovery and planning phases - supporting an evidence based approach
- Build dashboards and data visualisations that are easy for clients and internal stakeholders to interpret and understand
- Provide data for SEO and UX leads to support suggested changes and validate effectiveness.
- Liaising with partners and client-side peers in related roles
Essential Skills and experience
- Proficient in Google Analytics and/or other analytics tools
- Google Data Studio, Tableau, PowerBI or other data visualization tools
- Understanding of lead generation; traffic sources, acquisition and attribution
- Confidence in presenting findings and recommendations to internal team, partners and clients
Desirable Skills and experience
- Understanding of personalisation and behavioral segmentation
- Running A/B testing with tools like Optimizely or VWO
- Basic understanding of HTML, JS and CSS to implement tests
- Broader manipulation and querying of data using SQL, R or Python
- Knowledge of SEO fundamentals
Being Genuinely Effective.
We are committed to helping our clients by ‘making it easy’ for organisations to deliver exceptional customer experiences by being genuine, honest, and supportive in our approach whilst being highly effective in the solutions we provide.
We have three core areas to our service offering; Insight & Strategy, Experience & Engagement, and Technology & Support. For some clients we are full-service, and others use us to support specific areas of their customer experience.
As one of only 20 Acquia Preferred Partners in Northern Europe, we deliver Digital Experience solutions to some of the world’s leading organisations.
Working environment and culture
Our team is distributed, combining fully remote, office based from Manchester, or a hybrid of both. This was prior to COVID-19 and will continue in the future.
Our head office is situated in Old Trafford, Manchester (overlooking Manchester United’s Stadium), just a few stops on the MetroLink from Piccadilly train station. For those traveling by road, we provide free secure car parking and cycle storage.
We have created a working space that has adapted to onsite and remote team and client working. Open plan areas and breakout rooms means our strategic, creative and technical teams can organise and arrange themselves to how they work best.
We provide an inclusive, flexible and transparent environment and approach to work. We pride ourselves on teamwork, collaborations and supporting each other – our low staff turnover and high retention rates support this claim. We are committed to professional and personal development, including training, regular one to ones, quarterly reviews and 360 feedback.
We offer a competitive salary, dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this, we provide a range of benefits, perks, and opportunities to provide a rewarding package.
Perks and benefits of working for Access
- Working from home equipment budget
- Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Peer to peer bonus and recognition scheme
- Choose your own computer and equipment
- Free fruit and healthy (and the occasional not so healthy) snacks
- Training and personal development fund
- Conference and networking support and funding
- Flexible hours (within core working hours)
- Part-time and full-time positions
- Tax free bike scheme
- Tax free childcare vouchers
- Additional maternity, paternity and sick leave support
- 24 days holiday (up to 29 days with additional loyalty holiday entitlement)
… and your birthday day off!
- Paid and subsidised social events
- Free secure car parking
- Free indoor secure bike store
- Free and subsidised onsite fitness and wellbeing classes
- Showers and lockers