The iList judge and UK Country Manager & VP EMEA & LATAM at LinkedIn shares insights on the things he cares about - the terms "holistic" and "taking it offline" don't feature.
Joshua Graff in his own words
"Dropped out of university, founded an in-game advertising agency, sold it to a New York based start-up, which was then sold to Microsoft. Took a bet on another small start-up with an inspiring purpose, and almost nine years later, I still love coming into work every day to lead LinkedIn’s UK business and our EMEA & LATAM advertising business."
1. If your house was burning down, what one thing would you save (excluding people and pets)?
2. What is your favourite word?
Zo (great for Scrabble).
3. What do you wish you’d invented?
A cure for HIV.
4. If it wasn’t advertising, what career would you have chosen?
Human rights lawyer.
5. What have been your best and worst business decisions?
Best - taking the plunge and setting up my business in 2002.
Worst - anytime I’ve delayed taking tough people decisions.
6. What is your most over told personal anecdote?
7. What’s been the best thing you’ve read recently (article, book, tweet etc)?
"A Little Life" by Hanya Yanagihara.
8. What’s your most hated business jargon?
Anything that includes the words or phrases holistic, integrated or let’s take it offline.
9. What advice would you give your younger self?
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken (stolen from Oscar Wilde).
10. What song or film has influenced you the most?
"Mr. Jones" by Counting Crows (the soundtrack to my teenage years).
Quick fire questions
Joshua Graff is part of the IPA iList team of Judges.