iList judge, Senior Strategist at AMV BBDO, diehard Manchester United fan and great ambassador for behaviour change around disability - Michael Alhadeff bares it all.
Michael Alhadeff in his own words
"Currently a Senior Strategist at AMV BBDO, having spent five formative years at Grey London. Believer in big ideas and culture, this has been translated to everything from flogging popular snacks to trying to change behaviour around disability, and more recently, people’s energy consumption. Outside of ads, permanent resident of East London and diehard Manchester United fan."
1. If your house was burning down, what one thing would you save (excluding people and pets)?
My collection of football shirts.
2. What is your favourite word?
3. What do you wish you’d invented?
A programme that would automatically do your timesheets for you.
4. If it wasn’t advertising, what career would you have chosen?
Watching sport in a pub (probably.).
5. What have been your best and worst business decisions?
Best – Tweeting the Grey CEO (about the new England football kit). Worst - Going to the pub on a Friday lunchtime (and being found out for it.).
6. What is your most over told personal anecdote?
Breaking my hand on a beach in Rio.
7. What’s been the best thing you’ve read recently (article, book, tweet etc)?
H.G. Wells, "A Slip Under the Microscope". A brilliant examination into the perils of human desire.
8. What’s your most hated business jargon?
Programmatic. The death of everything we believe in.
9. What advice would you give your younger self?
Pay more attention.
10. What song or film has influenced you the most?
The xx, ‘Intro’.
Quick fire questions
Michael Alhadeff is part of the IPA iList team of Judges.