Delivering a game changing working model that puts people at its heart and balances reward with rewarding and using profits to fund major social value initiatives.
Stephanie Drakes in her own words
"CEO of Social & Local. Previously, 40 years working through the ranks of Corporates to Start Ups and Medium Sized Integrated businesses. Now determined to prove a game changing working model that puts people at its heart and balances reward with rewarding through better working models and using profits to fund major social value initiatives – this makes me tick."
1. If your house was burning down, what one thing would you save (excluding people and pets)?
Pre-digital photo albums.
2. What is your favourite word?
3. What do you wish you’d invented?
4. If it wasn’t advertising, what career would you have chosen?
5. What have been your best and worst business decisions?
Best: To start a Social Business. Worst: Nothing, I’ve learned from all the mistakes I’ve made.
6. What is your most over told personal anecdote?
Relates to one of my sons practising his martial arts skills in a stealth walk around our bedroom in the middle of the night at the age of 13. Now 32 and Head of Strategy in Agency World I refuse to disclose more.
7. What’s been the best thing you’ve read recently (article, book, tweet etc)?
Mahatma Gandhi’s wise words on valuing customers: "A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider of our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favour by serving him. He is doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to do so."
8. What’s your most hated business jargon?
Any jargon. Our Industry has invented new words for everything that only they understand.
9. What advice would you give your younger self?
Get over yourself!
10. What song or film has influenced you the most?
Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles, Abbey Road. It’s always going to be alright.
Quick fire questions