If you are an advertising practitioner and are not employed by an IPA member agency, you can become an Accredited MIPA through the MIPA Pathway. You can find out more about the two different routes to becoming an Accredited MIPA under “Ways to become a MIPA”.
To embark on the MIPA Pathway, you will first need to pay an up-front, non-refundable fee, or qualify under the IPA's Covid-19 scheme. For a term of three years (or for those under the Covid-19 Scheme, until 31 December 2021) this will give you access to your own CPD Diary, plus access to the IPA’s qualifications and assessed courses at member rates. The MIPA Pathway gives you the opportunity to qualify as an Accredited MIPA by gaining the necessary five stars of IPA qualifications and/or assessed courses and CPD compliance for the previous three years.
These are the terms and conditions on which we, the IPA, provide the MIPA Pathway. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you will not be able to proceed with your application.
- I understand that signing up to the MIPA Pathway does not award me Accredited MIPA status;
- I understand that signing up to the MIPA Pathway does not guarantee that I will be awarded Accredited MIPA status and that I must separately qualify and apply for Accredited MIPA status which is subject to separate terms and conditions;
- I understand that my MIPA Pathway status shall be active for three years and that I have three years in which to qualify as an Accredited MIPA. After which time I can renew my MIPA Pathway status for another three year term or pay a yearly £200 fee until I can qualify as an Accredited MIPA. (This does not apply to those participating through the Covid-19 Scheme.)
- I understand that by agreeing to these terms and conditions I shall be required to pay a non-refundable fee of £600 (exclusive of VAT), unless I qualified through the Covid-19 Scheme, and that this gives me access to my own CPD Diary, plus access to the IPA’s qualifications and assessed courses at member rates (which means that payment for individual qualifications and assessed courses will be necessary).
- I understand that, under my statutory rights, I can cancel my order without giving the IPA any reasons within 14 days from the day I accept these terms and conditions. I understand that within these 14 days I must inform the IPA of my decision to cancel my application by submitting my request to email@example.com and that I will be reimbursed using the same means of payment as I used for the initial transaction.
- I understand that if after commencing the MIPA Pathway and I wish to freeze my account it is my responsibility to email: firstname.lastname@example.org with details of why I wish to freeze my MIPA Pathway account. It is at the IPA’s sole discretion whether my request will be granted. I understand that if I wish to reactivate my MIPA Pathway it is my responsibility to email: email@example.com. It may take up to two weeks for my account to be reactivated.
- I understand that if I achieve Accredited MIPA status before the three year expiry of my MIPA Pathway, no fee shall be payable for the remainder of the three year term to retain my Accredited MIPA status. I understand that after the expiry of the term of the MIPA Pathway to retain my Accredited MIPA status for the following 12 months, I shall be required to pay a non-refundable fee of £200 (exclusive of VAT), in accordance with the section ‘Could I become an Accredited MIPA if I am not with an IPA member agency?'
- I shall notify the IPA by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes to my employment and/or contact details;
- I shall be bound by the provisions of the IPA Rule Book pertaining to Personal Members (including any amendments to them) and by any other relevant rules and regulations of the IPA in force and as are notified to members from time to time;
- I shall conduct myself at all times in a manner that upholds the reputation and standing of the IPA and its members, and shall do nothing that might discredit the IPA, any of its members or the advertising and marketing communications industry in general; and
- I shall not, expressly or by implication, disparage other IPA members, either corporate or personal, or suggest a lack of professionalism in their work.
Covid-19 Scheme Additional Terms
If you agree to become a MIPA Pathway participant through the IPA’s Covid-19 Scheme, the following terms apply in addition to the above standard terms and conditions:
- The Covid-19 Scheme is available to any employee resident in the UK that had been made redundant from an IPA Member Agency in 2020 and 2021. The IPA may request reasonable proof of eligibility.
- If the applicant is accepted and enrolled under the Covid-19 Scheme, the non-refundable fee will be waived.
- The participant’s MIPA Pathway status will be active until 31 December 2021 and will receive the benefits available to MIPA Pathway participants during that time. To continue receiving the benefits available to MIPA Pathway participants after 31 December 2021, the participant will need to become a paid MIPA Pathway member. Please speak to the IPA’s membership team for further details.
- If the participant achieves all qualification criteria during the period of the Covid-19 Scheme, they will qualify as an Accredited MIPA and receive accreditation status until 31 December 2021 without an additional charge.
Please also note the following:
- The IPA may change these terms from time to time at its sole discretion. Any revised terms and conditions will be applicable from the date of publishing on the IPA website. Please ensure that you review these terms regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue on the MIPA Pathway.
Should you have any queries about any of these terms, please email: email@example.com.