Entries span a wide variety of sectors, from charity and Government to automotive, pharma and telecoms, and come from eight countries around the world, including Canada, Germany and Australia.
This year there are 37 single entries and 27 joint entries, which consist of a mix of smaller, local campaigns – such as Sambito’s #NatureRepresented in Ecuador - all the way up to multi-market international campaigns.
The judging panel, led by Chairman of Judges Stevie Spring, Convenor of Judges Sue Unerman and Deputy Convenor Harjot Singh, will assess which communications activities best demonstrate that they earned a clear payback on their investment before announcing the shortlist in July.
Says Sue Unerman, Convenor of Judges for the 2020 IPA Effectiveness Awards and Chief Transformation Officer, MediaCom: "I’m delighted to see such an incredible number and variety of entries into this year’s IPA Effectiveness Awards.
The dedication from everyone over the last three months to submit their case studies in enormously challenging circumstances has been extremely impressive and demonstrates the esteem in which the Awards are held by the industry.
"The IPA Effectiveness Awards are the most rigorously judged awards of their kind worldwide, and this year is no different as we’ve added a further level of technical judging to process, which will all take place remotely. I’m looking forward to discovering the great range of ways that our case studies demonstrate marketing effectiveness, which in turn will provide immensely valuable new learning for the industry as a whole."
The winners of the 2020 IPA Effectiveness Awards will be announced during IPA Effectiveness Week taking place w/c 12th October, and are sponsored by Facebook, Google, Marsh, Newsworks, System 1, Thinkbox and WARC.
Full list of 2020 IPA Effectiveness Awards Entries:
- Aldi Ireland by McCann Manchester - How Aldi re-energised an existing advertising concept to re-ignite growth
- Aldi UK by McCann Manchester and Gain Theory - Aldi 2010-2019: How taking an alternative path took Aldi from shame to pride
- Anusol, Church & Dwight by The Gate London - Anusol, Bum's The Word: How a market leader behaved like a challenger to tackle a sore subject
- Audi, by BBH - The value of Vorsprung durch Technik over four decades
- Baileys, Diageo by Mother and Carat - From forgotten icon to global treat
- Barclaycard by OMD UK and Barclaycard - How creating value beyond price drove results beyond expectation
- Birds Eye, Nomad Foods by Zenith and Grey London - The return of the Captain: How reinventing an icon grew Birds Eye Fish Fingers
- Brighthouse Financial by BBH New York - Building a new marketing machine
- Burger King by BBH - Go Whopper or Go Home
- bwin, GVC by BBH - bwin: How we went long and bet on brand for the 2018 World Cup
- Central Coast, Tourism Central Coast by Affinity - Building a big billion-dollar tourism brand through "Little Adventures"
- Hollyoaks, Channel 4 by OMD UK and Channel 4- Hollyoaks: How to dispel the myth that young people don't watch TV any more
- Confused.com by Karmarama, PHD Media, Ebiquity and Confused.com - How a return to purpose helped Confused.com reclaim its place amongst the comparison giants
- Cotswold Co. by Creature - A leap beyond optimisation
- Dairy Milk, Cadbury by VCCP - Results & a half: How generosity paid off for Cadbury
- Diageo by Diageo - Marketing Catalyst: Creating a culture of marketing effectiveness
- Fidelity Stocks & Shares ISA, Fidelity by Grey London - How Fidelity won minds by appealing to hearts
- Formula 1 by Ogilvy - Unlocking the value of direct-to-fan for Formula 1
- Gala Bingo, GVC by the7stars - Playing the long game
- Galaxy S9, Samsung by BBH - How turning switchers into converts helped Samsung take a bite out of Apple
- Glider, Translink by Ardmore and Translink - Translink Glider: Transforming Belfast
- Gordon's Gin, Diageo by Diageo and Anomaly London - Legacy brand turned challenger: Doubling the size of a legacy brand by thinking like a challenger
- Gousto by the7stars - Outside the box: How we served up success for Gousto
- Great Western Railway by adam&eveDDB - Five work famously for Great Western Railway
- Guinness, Diageo by AMVBBDO - Guinness Made of More 2012-2019: Consistency x creativity
- Haig Club, Diageo by adam&eveDDB - Blueprint for a fast start: How making our own rules gave Haig Club one of the fastest starts for a new whisky brand in thirty years
- Heineken 0.0, by Heineken, Publicis Italy and Starcom NL - Taking Heineken 0.0 to the parts other beers cannot reach
- Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise, Kraft Heinz by BBH - How Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise overcame the 'difficult second stage of launch' syndrome
- Help for Heroes by McCann London - It took a small army to wake Britain up to the plight of injured veterans
- ITV & Veg Power by adam&eveDDB and Goodstuff Communications - Eat Them to Defeat Them: How making veg the bad guy did a load of good
- John Frieda, KAO by Brave - Frizz Ease Weightless Wonder: Challenging haircare scepticism with breakthrough innovation
- John Lewis & Partners by adam&eveDDB and Manning Gottlieb OMD - John Lewis: An amazing decade
- KFC Australia by Ogilvy Australia - Michelin Impossible: How an Aussie underdog took on the food establishment
- Libresse, Essity FemCare by AMVBBDO - A messy business
- Lloyds Bank, Lloyds Banking Group by adam&eveDDB and MediaCom - Lloyds Bank: The power of Pure Brand
- L’Oréal Paris by McCann London and L’Oréal - How uniting with a common purpose helped L’Oréal Paris UK and The Prince’s Trust unlock the value of young people’s self-worth
- L'Oréal Paris by McCann London and L’Oréal - L'Oréal Paris: No.1 and always worth it
- L'Oréal Paris by McCann Paris and L'Oréal - Magic Retouch
- National Trust for Scotland by Frame Agency - From instant gratification to lasting national pride: The big change that built a more lucrative love for National Trust for Scotland
- NHS England by MullenLowe London and MullenLowe Open - We are the NHS
- o2, Telefónica Germany by BBDO Group Germany and Telefónica Germany - For more O in your life: How o2 got back to growth in Germany
- PPI Deadline, Financial Conduct Authority by M&C Saatchi and Manning Gottlieb OMD - Billions to millions
- Refinitiv by TBWA\London and Refinitiv - The launch of Refinitiv: Data is just the beginning
- Royal Navy by Engine and Wavemaker London - Building a brand fit for the biggest decision of your life: Made in the Royal Navy
- Sambito S.A., Soluciones Ambientales Totales by Grey London - Sambito: #NatureRepresented
- Samsung by BBH - Making choice easy in a world of unlimited possibilities.
- SickKids, SickKids Foundation by Cossette - SickKids vs. conventional fundraising: How applying grit to long-term brand building led to unprecedented performance
- Smart Energy GB by AMVBBDO - Getting to yes: How we got more people to say "yes" to a smart meter
- Soreen, Gibbs Croft by Cheetham Bell - How Soreen used its loaf to become a millennial favourite
- Sudocrem, Teva Pharmaceuticals by McCann Health and Teva Pharmaceuticals - From Sudocrem to super-crem
- Tango, Britvic by VCCP - Rescuing Tango from a Sticky Situation
- Tesco by BBH and MediaCom - From running shops to serving customers: The Tesco turnaround story
- The Campaign Against Living Miserably by adam&eveDDB - Breaking the silence: How an image, not an ad transformed the way the UK treats male suicide
- Truth Project, Independent Inquiry into Childhood Sexual Abuse (IICSA) by MullenLowe London and Bray Leino - Making the unspeakable speakable
- TUI by VMLY&R and MediaCom - How we crossed the 'T's, dotted the 'I's and put TUI at the top
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, The United Nations by Grey London - The People's Seat
- Vimto, Nichols by Quiet Storm - I See Vimto In You: How celebrating a spirit of difference took Vimto to new heights
- VitalityHealth, Vitality by m/SIX and Snap LDN - Vitality: How we made the stagnant world of insurance get active
- Volvo, Volvo Cars Australia by whiteGREY - Omtanke and rethinking Volvo
- Volvo, Volvo Cars UK by Grey London and Mindshare - A defiantly Human success story
- wagamama by MullenLowe London and the7stars - Stirring souls and selling bowls the wagamama way, through the secret power of cinema
- WaterAid by The Kite Factory - A partnership that has saved five million children’s lives and built a new model for fundraising
- Which? by Grey London - From kettle reviews to fake news
- Whiskas, Mars Petcare by AMVBBDO - Whiskas KIT: How cat content grew up to drive digital growth